Notices

Thread: Glencoe

Hybrid View

Now that looks like a great road to ride DC..
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

Hi Col, I know the feeling about fuel, when I went up there fuel was my main worry (apart from the midges) my Bandit has a crap range, silly little tank for such a large engine, mind you it could be the rider and the way it's ridden (inserts a red faced icon), anywhere after 120 miles and I'm getting concerned, to be honest despite getting lost one afternoon we still found fuel in odd little places, strangely we found fuel but not the distillery we were looking for until nearly closing time (inserts another red faced icon) but it all came good until I asked the price of a particular bottle of Glen Ord whisky and was told £120, as it happens it's still there, I just couldn't run to a bottle of lemonade as well, that's my excuse anyway.
    Like yourself I didn't have a clue about fuel but what I did was use google maps and street view I think it's called to check out the villages etc before going, if it showed a fuel station then it was noted, not the best way to go about things but it worked for us.
    Last edited by Grey haired bloke; 01-02-14 at 06:21 PM.