Notices

Thread: Moving to Swindon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by MayallRob View Post
    I live in Bassett and would recommend it. We've got lots of mini Tescos, a Morrisons, Iceland and Sainsburys (and whatever else is on the High Street). Only takes me 10 - 15 minutes to get to West Swindon where theres an ASDA and a few gyms, 20 minutes to get into the center of Swindon and 5 minutes to get to the M4, and theres plenty of excellent biking roads around here. The crime rate is also pretty low I think.

Definitely something to consider I think. Couldn't tell you how much rent would cost though...
    Hi Maya,
    It really looks good. Just saw renting prices and they seem just a little bit higher than in swindon but the offer is much lower, so no much choice.

My main concern is that I use a lot the gym after work and if I live in basset, not sure if I want to make a 20 min trip from the gym back to home late in the evening. I'm also living alone and Basset seems a bit too quiet to meet people. I know Swindon is just 20min but it's 20min every time when wanting to go out.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye in basset too.

Diamond Member
    Old town is good. The Ps and Walcot not so much.

Cheney manor, Rodbourne, Liden, Eldene, COate, all good. You've got plenty of choice.

Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonmf View Post
    Hi Maya,
    It really looks good. Just saw renting prices and they seem just a little bit higher than in swindon but the offer is much lower, so no much choice.

My main concern is that I use a lot the gym after work and if I live in basset, not sure if I want to make a 20 min trip from the gym back to home late in the evening. I'm also living alone and Basset seems a bit too quiet to meet people. I know Swindon is just 20min but it's 20min every time when wanting to go out.

I think the Marriott (if you come in through Old Town) would be the nearest. If you come through West Swine town, you've got the Hilton and a bit further in simply gym, for like £20 a month. gym

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonmf View Post
    Hi Maya,

I live in Bassett too. Get very, very few problems compared to Swindon. Limited houses to rent but they do come up occasionally. Enough pubs to keep you occupied, a big Sainsburys, Iceland, Morrissons and a Tescos extra. Got a few car garages, MOT stations and other auto related shops as well.

There's a fantastic gym 5 minutes down the road called "The Wiltshire" - pricey, but you do get what you pay for. Kitted out gym room, swimming pool, hot tub, sauna and a steam room.

Definitely avoid the 'P's of swindon. Old town is nice, though not sure what comes up in terms of renting.
    Last edited by Dan; 23-08-14 at 09:14 PM.