Notices

Thread: New Lotus Superbike (Lotus C-01): Thoughts?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I was excited by the thought of this.
    Lotus have alway had a leading edge when it comes to handling with their cars and hoped they would transfer this across into a sports bike.
    Instead it looks like they've gone down the prestige road.
    I've no doubt this will sell but you will never see one on the road.
    They'll be bought up by collectors and geeks who talk the talk but rarely ride.
    It'll be kept in a garage next to their Desmosedici and used to bore the hell out of anyone foolish enough to listen.
    Such a shame.

Killer Rat
    It'd take a week to get the fairing off just to change the spark plug. For that reason i'm out.

Banned
    Wouldn't want it but like the look

Chatterbox
    I wouldn't buy one.

But I'd be more than happy to give one a good ragging
    Last edited by Last Train; 16-01-14 at 08:01 PM.
    Everything else is shyte

Being a Lotus it will be Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious.
    Confederate have already done this sort of thing. If I put my Arse on that seat it would look like it had saddle bags!

More info released today:

"We can see the engine is a 1195cc V-twin from KTM’s RC8R superbike with a claimed 200bhp and dry weight of 180kg.

Lotus Motorcycles states: "The C-01 combines ample power via a V-twin engine with a distinctive body designed by Daniel Simon integrating carbon fibre, titanium and aerospace quality steel.

"The C-01 motorcycle is not designed, engineered or produced by Group Lotus plc but is the result of a collaboration between motorsport veterans under the leadership of Kodewa, led by Dr Colin Kolles. The development on the C-01 was carried out with the support of Holzer Group (co-owners of Kalex) and design guru Daniel Simon.

"Drawing on their wealth of motorsport experience, the team of engineers has designed a unique high performance superbike.

"The C-01 will be available in a range of liveries some of which pay homage to Lotus’ sporting pedigree. A customisation service is also available, limited only by the imagination of the client. With an exclusive production run of just 100 units, superbike collectors and fans of the Lotus brand will need to move fast to secure one."@

-http://www.motorcyclenews.com/mcn/news/newsresults/new-bikes/2014/february/feb2014-lotus-bike-officially-revealed/
    "Only a biker knows why a dog sticks its head out of a moving car window"

2012 BMW S1000RR
    1999 Kawasaki ER500

facebook.com/upshiftmedia

Killer Rat
    I would appreciate it more if they didn't cover the rad with a lotus symbol, no-one will see it when ridden so why put one there?
    Also the Lotus down the forks looks very tacky to me. Just a couple of badges on the tank is all that's required. If only 100 are to be made then that makes them exclusive enough not to advertise/stickerbomb it.

Fetch me a bucket!!!!

Every time I look at it I change my opinion of it. Probably not a good thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Rat View Post
    Also the Lotus down the forks looks very tacky to me
    I never actually noticed the front forks before but you're right, they look horribly cheap and tacky! I've only just noticed the weird dent into the fuel tank at the top of the radiator and below the handlebars. What is the point of that??? It looks looks a bit stupid to me...

I do however like the seat, and the tyres look nice... haha!
    "Only a biker knows why a dog sticks its head out of a moving car window"

2012 BMW S1000RR
    1999 Kawasaki ER500

facebook.com/upshiftmedia

Platinum Member
    Hit every branch on the way down?
    Not for me - but each to their own.