Notices

Thread: New action cam

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    Looks great what can you do about the noise?

Killer Rat
    Quote Originally Posted by MayallRob View Post
    That's a nice clear video! How did you mount it to your helmet, is it on the inside or the outside? I mount mine on the outside and the wind noise is unbearable.
    Mounted to the outside with 3m pads and a removable clip for ease of taking the camera off. There is nothing i can do about the wind noise, even though the mic is concealed in the back of the unit underneath a screw on cap. Wind just gets through everything and it surprises me that it gets through this considering where the mic is placed.
    It's a great camera though it has to be said and i would highly recommend one.

Banned
    Can you plug a mic into it?

Killer Rat
    No, there is no option for that. If i could be ar*ed maybe a filter off an old earphone could be placed over the top of the mic to try to cancel out wind. It's strange because the mic is situated at the back of the camera behind an o-ring sealed metal screw cap, technically no wind should get in there at all, but it does.

If you really desperately wanted sound, another thing you could consider is wearing a separate audio device to capture sound and sync the sound file to the video file afterwards. I know of some people that use the 'voice notes' feature on their phone, keep the phone inside a jacket / pocket to reduce wind noise and then place the audio track over the video track.

Syncing the audio / video can be difficult though. The easiest way to do it is to clap your hands in front of the camera. That way, you can sync the sound of yours hands clapping from the audio clip to the moment your hands meet in the video (did that make sense)?

Like I said, its a little complicated and time consuming, but if you were really desperate...?
    "Only a biker knows why a dog sticks its head out of a moving car window"

2012 BMW S1000RR
    1999 Kawasaki ER500

facebook.com/upshiftmedia

Killer Rat
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gnr4wdRWrA

School coach aswell. Beeline manager isn't very happy with me at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Rat View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gnr4wdRWrA

School coach aswell. Beeline manager isn't very happy with me at the moment.
    At least you weren't going any faster otherwise that would've been nasty! I can't count the amount of times the same thing has happened to me, but it always seemed to be when I didn't have my camera recording!

Happens a lot less now that I've got a loud exhaust though. Thankfully they hear me even if they don't see me
    "Only a biker knows why a dog sticks its head out of a moving car window"

2012 BMW S1000RR
    1999 Kawasaki ER500

facebook.com/upshiftmedia

Hi Killer rat. Nice clear vid and no view of your helmet in the shot.
    I have the same camera and have not fixed it yet.

Any chance of a pic showing where its mounted and do you think its secure enough? was looking at the 3m tape and the plastic clip but was worried that not a lot of the clip contacts the tape.

How have you found it?

Thanks

Killer Rat
    Quote Originally Posted by strommer View Post
    Hi Killer rat. Nice clear vid and no view of your helmet in the shot.
    I have the same camera and have not fixed it yet.

Any chance of a pic showing where its mounted and do you think its secure enough? was looking at the 3m tape and the plastic clip but was worried that not a lot of the clip contacts the tape.

How have you found it?

Thanks
    I'll do a pic for you in the morning.

One thing i have done is to use one of the spare straps to wrap around the camera and my chin strap just in case the camera was to fall off it will still be attached to me and not the tarmac.

Killer Rat
    Pic of camera holder set-up.

WP_000297.jpg

Pic of camera attached and secondary strap to avoid losing the camera.

WP_000300.jpg

Camera has been angled upwards roughly 30 degrees for my riding style.