Hi Wheelers, an interesting subject 'Good ol Tyre Weld'.
I had never used this before until, One day refueling my Vmax in Swindon just before I left for a trip to the Isle of White. I spotted this never before seen can of tyre weld on the shelf. Having a fully loaded bike with luggage front & rear, including panniers and a pillion, I thought I best grab a can as a precautionary measure for our trip away.
Now, I don't know if I tempted fate or what?! But what I do know, is it got me out of a right fix once I rode off the ferry on the Isle of White.
i couldn't believe my luck, almost skint anyway and with no breakdown back up, I had to use the Tyre Weld. This was just after having riden off the ferry on our first day away!
Taking a huge chance, we rode around the island for couple days and returned to England mainland after three days, still relying on the tyre weld.
We weren't going much faster than 40 to 50mph over the last couple days but on way back to Swindon, it became a hit of a drag. So up the speed went to 70/80 mph with confidence the back tyre would hold out, and it did all the way home. Infact, it sealed the puncture (bead seal or valve??) so well, I rode out the back tyre for another year before I changed it.
since then, I've always had a 'Good ol can of a Tyre Weld' to hand.

Though having said all this, it has to be remembered that, Yes this Tyre Weld is only a temporary fix!!!