Notices

Thread: Here they come

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    I don't think you understand what racism means or at least you are confusing/blurring race and nationality which are 2 very different things
    No they aren't.
    Race covers a multitude of things including, but not exclusively, nationality, language and geographical origins.
    If you form a dislike of anyone purely based on their nationality, their religion, the colour of their skin or their political and cultural beliefs then you are defined as being a racist.
    It's confusing but I hope I've explained it well enough.

I've never understood this national pride rubbish.
    All it does is hold the country back.
    Language and technology is constantly evolving but we seen fixated with this notion that old is best. It's killed our industry because by the time we finally embraced new ideas from foreign lands it was too late.

Forming a dislike for someone that you percieve (or in the case of a Daily Mail reader) have been told is causing it then acting on that feeling is racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdylegs View Post
    Im going charge them for english lessons how much to book the h&c on a wensday night ;-)
    Are you trying to be ironic?

"I'm" "English" "lessons." "How" "wednesday" "?"

Can you spell idiot?

Quote Originally Posted by wiltshire builders View Post
    No they aren't.
    Race covers a multitude of things including, but not exclusively, nationality, language and geographical origins.
    If you form a dislike of anyone purely based on their nationality, their religion, the colour of their skin or their political and cultural beliefs then you are defined as being a racist.
    It's confusing but I hope I've explained it well enough.

I've never understood this national pride rubbish.
    All it does is hold the country back.
    Language and technology is constantly evolving but we seen fixated with this notion that old is best. It's killed our industry because by the time we finally embraced new ideas from foreign lands it was too late.

Forming a dislike for someone that you percieve (or in the case of a Daily Mail reader) have been told is causing it then acting on that feeling is racist.
    Ok well then by your definition, I am a racist because I think that mass low/no skilled immigration is simply watering down this countries culture for little tangible benefit.

Though as I'm married to a Chinese woman I must be a very confused racist.

Wow! 'Wot' an interesting debate to have on a bikers web forum ... I never realised what a bunch of intellectuals, us bikers are. Even the lefties amongst us have some poignant comments to make. So, here' mine ..... We don't need to worry about all this immigration stuff, because, after the next election, UKIP will be showing the Conservatives how to deal with the matter ... they may even invite Labour or the Conservatives to join them in a coalition, if they fail to get a majority. Now there's a thought! Richard
    It's not about my ears ... it's about my ride!

Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdylegs View Post
    Im going charge them for english lessons how much to book the h&c on a wensday night ;-)
    Will you be going?

Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    Ok well then by your definition, I am a racist because I think that mass low/no skilled immigration is simply watering down this countries culture for little tangible benefit.

Though as I'm married to a Chinese woman I must be a very confused racist.
    1) The definition I gave is the actual definition. If it's not what you thought it meant, well at least you learned something today.

2) All racists are confused. I've yet to hear one say anything intelligent without then ruining it with a load of bollox.

3) Judging someone purely based on their usefulness to you just makes you an arsehole not a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by wiltshire builders View Post
    makes you an arsehole
    I hold a infinitely lower opinion of you than simply "arsehole" so lets leave it at that

Diamond Member
    This thread shows clearly why we have never been able to tackle the controversial issue of immigration in this country. Sadly, whether it is in the houses of parliament or on a biking forum, the thorny topic always ends up in polarised factions, insulting each other with personal attacks. We will never address the problem until we can engage in a sensible rational debate in a calm manner at all levels. “Even the lefties amongst us” can see that. I’m off to Scotland to seek political asylum. PMSL

I never said writing or spelling no one putting me in charge of the world.
    I'v seen what happends when there is a cattle crisis and weather killing our crops for England to depend on outher countrys so if they want help back i'm charging £10 per person 20 people per lesson 5 days a week if job center want me to.
    A good ride is any ride you can walk away from, a GREAT ride is if you can use the bike afterward.”

I think it's probably time to put this thread to bed. While debate is very welcome on here, it's important that a biking forum doesn't have more politics and fighting than bike chat
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers