Quote Originally Posted by Grey haired bloke View Post
The thing is Hondafan that currently there are MORE people in employment and claiming benefits, than there are people unemployed and claiming benefits, so even if all scroungers were forced back into some type of employment it won't change the bigger picture, benefits will still be claimed by low paid wage earners, that's the people forced into some kind of work.
That then begs the question, who or what is a benefit scrounger and how do you identify them and deal with the problem, you will still be paying out a huge amount of money in the form of benefits when they are forced into working?
Is it time for the government to stop subsidizing low wages in the form of in-work benefits?
Do the government force companys into paying decent living wages?
Will those companys then leave Britain?

Having worked for many years with many eastern europeans, I have to say that very few if any have ever had any intention of claiming any benefits even if they could, without doubt the majority that come over here are young, aiming to work hard, save hard and own property back home with their savings, I think we as a people in our own land ( if that's the right phrase ) are brainwashed by the attitudes of those who have come before us and change is always difficult for some to accept.
There are some current immigration issues that I'm not happy with, but like the rest of us, the only opportunity I have to make my voice heard comes around at the ballot box.
And that opens another can of worms
I now have a headache and remember why I don't like politics.
Genuine Question

Have you ever spent any time Working in Romania?
I have

Not good!