Notices

Thread: Here they come

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Banned
    I'm not saying anyone should get out, I'm saying don't let anymore in. I'm far from racist but I am a culturalist if there's such a thing. I don't like seeing our culture being watered down like this, I also don't like what the Brits have done to Spain. I imagine the Spanish are pretty pissed off with seeing a Red Lion cafe on every street corner or every resort.
    I have Polish friends that I've known since school and they feel the same as me. Yes I have a Polish friend that lives in Poland, why should that mean I don't want anymore Poles coming here?
    She told me to come to Poland as it's a nicer place now.

If anyone wants to experience the welcoming nature of the Polish in Trowbridge pop down to Issac's nightclub at the weekend and spend the evening in the Polish section, you can't miss it it pretty much covers the back part of the club and has no English people in it.

I've worked and paid my taxes all my life so I guess that means I've EARNED the right to say I'm unhappy about what's happening in my home country.

You may say our culture is being watered down I call it evolving.
    People bang on about how great this country was.
    You know what made it great?
    The invaders!
    The Vikings, the Romans, The Normans.

Great countries are built on immigration. It allows us to learn and adapt.
    30 years ago the only Indian restaurant in this area was in Bath. Now Indian food is more popular than fish and chips.

Trowbridge was a sh#t hole long before the poles moved in and I really hope David Cameron isn't going to base his immigration policies on what goes on in Isaacs nightclub but you could see what he says.

Just a thought, but whilst we all wonder about them, us and who's coming from wherever. There real problem is the fact there will be too many people in the UK. Immigration is a quick fix to the crumbling stat pension pots, where the pyramid system will eventually fail. Short term fix whilst there's enough work to ensure the taxes from the masses are sufficent to support the benefits bill. All great and the spin is always plentiful to support any argument, however when will the UK be full ? To retain the life style and freedom we currently enjoy, can this country support 80 / 90 / 100+ million people. I'm sure somebody has probably already worked out the algorithm to this problem, but it will probably be lost in the race debate until it's too late.

I think the problem is that Benefits has now become a lifestyle choice for too many people.

Stop unskilled immigration and then start to remove the benefits from the scroungers.

I bet you will suddenly find that work becomes a more attractive option for many, thus removing the "need" for eastern European migrants.

Sadly no government has the balls to make such a decision.

BTW I am currently unemployed.

The thing is Hondafan that currently there are MORE people in employment and claiming benefits, than there are people unemployed and claiming benefits, so even if all scroungers were forced back into some type of employment it won't change the bigger picture, benefits will still be claimed by low paid wage earners, that's the people forced into some kind of work.
    That then begs the question, who or what is a benefit scrounger and how do you identify them and deal with the problem, you will still be paying out a huge amount of money in the form of benefits when they are forced into working?
    Is it time for the government to stop subsidizing low wages in the form of in-work benefits?
    Do the government force companys into paying decent living wages?
    Will those companys then leave Britain?

Having worked for many years with many eastern europeans, I have to say that very few if any have ever had any intention of claiming any benefits even if they could, without doubt the majority that come over here are young, aiming to work hard, save hard and own property back home with their savings, I think we as a people in our own land ( if that's the right phrase ) are brainwashed by the attitudes of those who have come before us and change is always difficult for some to accept.
    There are some current immigration issues that I'm not happy with, but like the rest of us, the only opportunity I have to make my voice heard comes around at the ballot box.
    And that opens another can of worms
    I now have a headache and remember why I don't like politics.
    Last edited by Grey haired bloke; 04-01-14 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey haired bloke View Post
    The thing is Hondafan that currently there are MORE people in employment and claiming benefits, than there are people unemployed and claiming benefits, so even if all scroungers were forced back into some type of employment it won't change the bigger picture, benefits will still be claimed by low paid wage earners, that's the people forced into some kind of work.
    That then begs the question, who or what is a benefit scrounger and how do you identify them and deal with the problem, you will still be paying out a huge amount of money in the form of benefits when they are forced into working?
    Is it time for the government to stop subsidizing low wages in the form of in-work benefits?
    Do the government force companys into paying decent living wages?
    Will those companys then leave Britain?

Having worked for many years with many eastern europeans, I have to say that very few if any have ever had any intention of claiming any benefits even if they could, without doubt the majority that come over here are young, aiming to work hard, save hard and own property back home with their savings, I think we as a people in our own land ( if that's the right phrase ) are brainwashed by the attitudes of those who have come before us and change is always difficult for some to accept.
    There are some current immigration issues that I'm not happy with, but like the rest of us, the only opportunity I have to make my voice heard comes around at the ballot box.
    And that opens another can of worms
    I now have a headache and remember why I don't like politics.
    Genuine Question

Have you ever spent any time Working in Romania?
    I have

Not good!

Banned
    Care to share your experiences?

When I was in Prague I was told that almost all the prostitutes were Romanian

Platinum Member
    Genuine Question

Have you ever spent any time Working in Romania?
    I have

Not good!
    I have work with Romanians in my last two jobs and found them to be fine

What we must remember is most Romanians will not leave their country. Briton is not the first port of call for them either. Italy and Spain are their preferred choice.

Political parties can put whatever spin they like on this but Briton is not going to stop immigration as it provides cheap labour. The political parties cannot afford to lose the donations given to them by the companies who use the labour.

I must admit I am not pro immigration for the simple fact I believe our Island is full, we just do not have the land mass to support it

Can't help you Swanny this was a service I did not use when I holidayed in Prague, Maybe all the Czech people are over here nicking our jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny View Post

Not on a public forum but suffice to say that I wouldn't ever go back.

Corruption was a way of life at EVERY level.

It's not just immigrants milking this country. I have a neighbour who claims as an unemployed single mother, that would be ok except for the fact the father of her child and partner lives with her. This guy earns enough that he just replaced his Chelsea tractor (2010 plate) for a brand new one, he literally just a minute ago walked in to the flat carrying a 1500 quid TV! She works cash in hand as a hairdresser from her home. To be honest I prefer an immigrant that is at least honest about coming here to claim!

When the system is so broken that raping it has become a national pastime it's hard to complain when that becomes an international pastime.