Notices

Thread: Speed with Guy Martin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Yeh good to see bike-based stuff on prime time tv. Enjoyed last night's too, though the foil on the bottom of the bike kind of gave a huge advantage compared to simply riding a bike on water.
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

Are you talking about the very humble and un-assuming, ex F1 and ex bike racer Michael Schumacher?
    He may have been arrogant on the track but if you're the greatest driver that ever lived I think you're allowed to be.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltshire builders View Post
    He may have been arrogant on the track but if you're the greatest driver that ever lived I think you're allowed to be.
    That's a matter of opinion

when you get the free run of the paddock marshalling you get to meet and help many of the greatest names in current racing, Ive had the pleasure of being round Hizzy, Rossi, Foggy, Wayne Rainey, Randy Mamola, Jim Redman, John Surtees, Dave Thorpe, and far too any others to mention all willing to share time then you get the car boys Schumacher, Alistair Macrae, Mansell, and a few others just rushing from helicopter to hospitality to car to helicopter and back out. even at Combe rally day when Macrae was there for public appearance he pushed past didn't do a lot of public good to the waiting masses. a couple of quick laps and sideways slides then off again

I'm a big fan of Guy Martin and really enjoying the show so far. This weeks episode should be good, where he tries to "build the world's fastest human powered aircraft".

People have very mixed views, but I think Guy Martin is good for motorcycling in general. My family and girlfriend are not interested in bikes at all, but I've managed to get them to watch a couple of Guy Martin shows and now they all love him (I should point out that my family and girlfriend are all northern). They'll now happily watch anything with him in, including 'the house that guy built', 'how britain worked' and now 'speed'. I've even managed to get them to watch Closer to the Edge (a documentary about the Isle of Man TT, well worth watching if you havem't already)!

I can't imagine I'd get them to watch these shows if it was someone like Rossi or Marquez presenting them. The only time I get to watch TV shows related to bikes with my family is when Guy Martin is on the show (with some exceptions, including the recent Toy Stories with James May).
    "Only a biker knows why a dog sticks its head out of a moving car window"

2012 BMW S1000RR
    1999 Kawasaki ER500

facebook.com/upshiftmedia

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
    That's a matter of opinion
    Yeah. Maybe I should've put most successful.
    He never really had any serious competition.
    I'd have loved to have seen him up against Mansell, Prost, Senna and Piquet.

Having finally got hold of the first episode of this I really enjoyed it.

I do concur with a lot of what people are saying, I think if he gave up the day job and concentrated on the riding for a year then he could win the TT. I did like his pun about "I'm good at crashing."

I like the bloke, but my wife can't stand him.
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

Don't forget tonight's episode 8pm CH4.

Platinum Member
    [QUOTE=Hondafan;458162]Good advert for Suzuki !![/QUOTE

I must have beaten 63 metres the other night.
    I was travelling at 60 mph and hydroplaned for what seemed like an eternity!
    Only one thing to do - throttle on, and I was back on the road surface again.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Cool View Post
    Don't forget tonight's episode 8pm CH4.
    Cheers DC