Notices

Thread: Plans for next year?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Plans for next year? 
    Any plans for the new season? touring/trackday? or joining WBers on one of the many rideouts or bikenights?
    For me, Prescott is booked, so another run the hill is go, also i really fancy Donington for a trackday next year, as well as the coombe and llandow.
    The bikesafe in april is a little earlier next year, again at the coombe, probably going to sit this one out, bit of tent time i reckon. Bmad festival in may is always a good one, Paignton seafront is the venue,down and back in the day, anyone fancies this drop me a pm. The one thing i really fancy giving a go is off roading, never done it before, but it looks like good fun
    Look forward to seeing you guys soon, cheers Wes.

Off roasting is great! Only kept my off road bike for 8 months but had some great fun on it

More rides for me after 2013 was very low mileage. Plenty of WB rides and trips, also looking forward to bike safe day in April. Definitely need more trips to Poole this year
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

For me, fix the gixx, will see you @ llandow, Silverstone, rockingham and also get the blade paintjob sorted: http://t.co/mO1sPQ7fBz
    In my dreams a trackday at mugello is on the cards. Finally want to put proper effort into learning the guitar.

I'm hoping to do another trip to the Nurburgring track next year, if weather OK will go round on the bike. Last time there it was cold and wet and didn't fancy taking the bike round. Hired a car for my son's Stag weekend, went round three times in different cars. Will be staying at Sliders guest house, for those that have not heard of Sliders it is a guest house run by bikers for bikers. http://www.slidersguesthouse.com/ Worth having a look at some of their videos of them going round the track.
    If you don't fancy riding round the track, the roads from Sliders are brilliant for bikes , some very good winding roads through the hills. Hoping to go early September, about four of us on bikes and two or three cars. If any one's interested let me know and you can come with us.

I'm off on May 5th down through Belgium and lux, back into France near thionville for a 3 day stay there.

Promised other half a trip by bike since I'm out in euroland every couple of weeks.

If anyone wants to tag along you are more than welcome, there are already a few interested people.

You can book the tunnel/ hotels yourself or get in touch with me to book it for you and pass on the booking details.

Cost is kept down, none of this overpriced touring trip stuff. About £150 for tunnel and 4 nights in hotels, obviously plus fuel and spending money/food.

--------------------------------
    On the road to nowhere

Away until June then not working for a month so may do a mini tour of Europe on the ST to a few locations I want to go.

End of July and through August is New Zealand to see the family and some MV friends.

Not a great deal of riding next year, so will make the most of that month back on the bike.

New car in September hopefully.
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

I will be 50 next year so plan to either squeeze another bike into the garage or new/old car.
    It would also be nice to get out more on the bikes.

More ride outs, more trips to the sea side etc
    Would like to trade in the Bandit for a Tiger...

Might also get a second bike that needs "tlc" (putting back together) as I miss tinkering and hitting things with hammers - (former Land Rover owner)

Biking aims in no particular order:
    *get all my bikes on the road and ride them
    *more trips abroad, specifically a longer version of my Belgium/Germany/France jaunt this year and also Spain
    *join in at least 2 WB ride outs
    *trip to jockland to meet the rellies and take in some scenery
    *IAM slow riding course and Thruxton
    *Cornwall on a few weekends
    *get my old Gixer11 back on a circuit somewhere
    *invest in some new tools for the garage
    *IOM Classic TT
    That's more than enough to aim for and will take some fitting around family, holidays and business but going to try real hard this year to get more biking trips in.
    Best wishes for New Year and a great 2014 to all WBer's out there

My plans are not to extensive due to having a young family.

: Fix my bike once and for all (think I have the problem in my sights now just need the money to do it
    : Enjoy the start of my marshalling career. I have applied for races at Brands Hatch, Castle Coombe and Thruxton.
    : Do a few rideouts
    : Keep it shiny side up
    : Hopefully get my redundancy this year so I can leave the ****hole I am currently in.
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.