Notices

Thread: Bike and wind dont mix

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I drove from Swindon to Chippenham via the M4 today in the carat around 11am. Overtook a lorry and then got blown over to the outside lane! Very scary. Thank god there was nothing in that lane.

If you're going out on the bike, I'd say avoid the motorway and be very careful on open roads with sidewinds. If the wind can move a heavy VW Golf then I daresay it can move a bike.
    "Only a biker knows why a dog sticks its head out of a moving car window"

2012 BMW S1000RR
    1999 Kawasaki ER500

facebook.com/upshiftmedia

Rode yesterday okay commuting to Bristol but glad i'm on 4 wheels today. Lunchtime here was bad.
    stay safe!

Drove to Brussels last night in my trusty (pretty much wind proof) Volvo, not windy here, can't wait to get back to UK on Friday night for some real weather. Deffo out on the bike at the weekend, something heavy and slow with no fairing called for - I know a Royal Enfield!!

Banned
    Riding in this weather is bad enough but it's even worst when your lights are ****. Followed a bloke on an old Deuville tonight on the way back from Bath. His headlight was rubbish, he kept it on dipped beam all the way never once putting main beam on as far as I could tell. If he hadn't have had mirrors I'd have put my main beam on so that he could see where he was going. I'm sure you know that bulbs don't last forever, they lose their power after a while and need replacing before they've blown. That is if you want to see where you're going.
    Driving on dipped beam is common practice for most crappy drivers out there but with the roads in the state they're in at the mo I'm surprised to see a biker on dipped beam

Went for a ride on Sunday but only managed as far as the end of my road....Luckily no further as when I went for my front brake the lever fell from my grasp onto the floor. It must have been fractured from when the wind blew it over as hasn't been over again.

The scariest part is that I managed a small ride a few days before not knowing thelever was fractured. New one on the way now but defiinately going over the bike with a fine toothed comb before I go out again.
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

Did my usual Commute today (with my better half on pillion cos her POS chinese Sym crap has broken down) which was er... interesting! I reckon two 90+ kg people on a Transalp makes it a touch more stable! (In my head it does anyway)

Yeah, wind and bikes arent a great combination