At devizes kwik fit roundabout today in heavy traffic. 2 girls (roughly 10-12 yr olds) had a little gril with them aged about 3, 2 lanes of traffic for them to cross (to lazy to use the traffic lights) and they let the little one run across the road by herself instead of holding her hand. I have never braked so hard in my life and had milliseconds to react, i still can't fathom how i managed to stop so fast. I ended up about 1 foot away from this little girl who was incredibly shocked at the whole thing as her sisters stood there shouting and screaming as it really did look like she was a goner.
Up came the visor and me telling the girls that your lucky i have better brakes than a car otherwise she would be dead.

Lucky the parents weren't there otherwise i would have quite happily slapped them. Still in mild shock myself and very angry that in this day and age pedestrians do stupid things like this.

Needed to get that off my chest....she's a very lucky girl that will have nightmares for months about today and will learn from it i hope.