Notices

Thread: IAM recruiting post

Hybrid View

Of course, other groups are available!
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

Platinum Member
    Yep - unfortunately not everyone "fit's in" at the IAM (and the same can probably be said of every other group on the planet too). I guess it's just group dynamics.
    There are also other differences which might be of interest to car or HGV drivers.
    I don't care which one people join because they are all good in this area - but you might get more out of it if you find one that suits you better.

Interestingly RIDE magazine this month featured the "Advanced course everyone should do".
    I read with interest as to what it could be and guess what........................California Superbike School.
    I think it's about £400 for one day but highly recommended.

Last year I did the Somerset Road Safety Partnership day at Castle Coombe which I think was £80.
    That was well worth doing - so there are plenty of options out there.
    Thre are lots of days on the track that teach things that are applicable on the road but you can do them in a safe environment.

The big pro of the voluntary groups are that they are very good value for money because they are non-profit driven and there is a huge amount on offer for your subscription - but there are plenty of other options. Like everyone else I only have so much money and time so have to choose each year what I'm going to do.
    Last edited by Ducatista; 21-12-13 at 08:34 AM.