Quote Originally Posted by Killer Rat View Post
Had two of them behind me the other day on the a361. Tailgated me before overtaking without indication. I also have a nice little video of a police car driver overtaking me at avebury on a foggy morning, he overtook on a solid line and pulled back in about 15 metres in front of me after tailgating me for 4 miles. I complained to the force about this and they weren't interested in my complaint until i mentioned that i had this on video...they soon changed their attitude and were going to get the driver to apologise to me....still waiting over a year for that apology.

I just wouldn't dream of putting cash in their pockets for their 'advanced' lessons after witnessing all this.
I saw some disgusting driving by a Police Officer in a BMW a while back on the A350 truly wished I'd had a video camera on my bike as the driver was just mad. He was driving well in excess of the speed limit overtook a long line of cars very dangerously, bullied his way back into a none existent gap, and forced oncoming traffic to slow down and he wasn't driving with blue lights on. Not defending them one bit, but like any group of people I'm sure you do get some bad ones who abuse the power and position they have and give the majority a bad name.

All I will say is that if you do a Bike Safe (some of which are free I think?) you will meet some very dedicated and very good Police motorcyclists who will go out of their way to help you become a safer and better rider. I think I'm right in saying they do it voluntarily too. I dont think anyone I've spoken to hasnt come away having got some benefit from it and having enjoyed it too. I did.

IAM and RoSPA are independent to the Police so no worry of funding the Police if you take that option either.

Honest it would be a real shame if a couple of idiots put you off.