Notices

Thread: Support your local motorbike store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    early 70's worked in Townsends car garage in Christian Malford, at weekends or school holidays for a handful of copper. during the winter we had to smash the ice on the water trough round the back to wash our hands, then hand pumping 20 gallons of fuel into lorries. Gilera Trial50. these were the days when we had 2 pubs and 1 garage in most villages and had to look after our own transport, the Gilera was abused on Foxham scrambles track, then ridden to college during the week

Sorry to take this off topic but can the old un's remember the fantic??? 76mph on the flat but rarely got home

caballero, similar to Gilera Trial and Trail also Garelli Tiger, might have been the Fantic Ti, caballero still in production today

Quote Originally Posted by Toph View Post
    Hondafan... I worked in Plowrights Motorcycles, in Mill Street Trowbridge for a few years in the mid 70's, and remember all the bike shops in Trowbridge and surrounding towns.. Jack was a great guy to work for.. but tight as an ant's a*se..

I worked 5 and a half days a week and he used to pay me 15 quid..

and I rode a 4 gear SS50...uninspiring to say the least... but was great fun!
    15 of your English pounds was a lot of money before the war Toph !!!

Harsh Daddy cool , really Harsh...36 notes a week as an apprentice(north star) paid my keep drank the rest, none wasted in the 80's,you did not tell us your "50" daddy cool

Hondafan didn't either....

Quote Originally Posted by waller 69 View Post
    Hondafan didn't either....
    Honda MB5 in Black
    JMW 654X bought Brand spanking new from Bob Missens for the princely sum of £460

Thats true class hondafan, I struggle to remember some of my bikes let alone the plates, my hat is tipped to you, MB5 was as bad as the X1 I bought to go to college with but maybe a good start as we are still here..