Notices

Thread: anyone wire in a cooker

1. anyone wire in a cooker 
    Looks easy only two wires no earth but told not to try in any electrics can give me advice called around but no answer on phone
    A good ride is any ride you can walk away from, a GREAT ride is if you can use the bike afterward.”

I'm sure a cooker would save a fortune on café prices but I'm not so sure it will help the aerodynamics of your bike

A little concerned you say it has only 2 cables - it should have an earth, live and neutral..... How old is the oven and has anyone owned it before you?

On the back of the oven should be a termination cover plate - take this off and you will likely see 3 termination points for an earth, live and neutral. If this is the case replace the cable already attached with a new length of 6mm twin and earth and make the connection to the connection plate behind the oven or to the control unit above your work top if there is no low level connection plate. If you need 6mm cable let me know, i have some left from updating my kitchen.

If you do this ensure the cooker circuit is isolated. If you dont know how to do this and prove to yourself its dead get someone in who does. (and make sure you know your live from your neutral.

I would offer but your not on the doorstep!

Are you sure it is electric and not gas

Only joking. Get someone in that knows, if it causes a fire you will be in a world of trouble, especially if someone gets hurt. Not worth the risk but is an easy job.
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

Hob or oven? Either way it should have an earth cable, and usually 6mm cable back to a switch to isolate the power supply. Once the old hob or oven has been removed its usually just a case of wiring in the new appliance to the existing cables.

Wired in now thanks electric hob and oven had been wired in wrong from person before and the stand in unit should be ok the earth is still a naked Cooper wire that's in the same tube as other wires
    A good ride is any ride you can walk away from, a GREAT ride is if you can use the bike afterward.”

You can get sleeving to cover the bare earth cable, good practice really, i will get some from work for you.

We're getting a new kitchen fitted in new year they should do the electrics to the loom got to be threaded through wall should be as easy as pulling it up with a bit of string. Don't worry about it mate if you're in Bristol but if you're about this area pm me mate.