Notices

Thread: Any M.A.G. Members Out There?

1. Any M.A.G. Members Out There? 
    Active Member Thorkill_The_Tall's Avatar
    Are you really satisfied to be paying the salary of this glowing example of restrained self control?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lembit_%C3%96pik

I'm certainly not and have cancelled my subs...

(sorry about the use of Wiki, but it was quick and easy)

MAG member or not, Lembit Öpik had his arse kicked as an MP with dodgy expenses, and so, from that, he's gone to selling his arse to anyone who's prepared to pay him enough to 'squeal like a stuck pig' for whatever cause suits.
    Let me say, I'm not a member of MAG, but if I was, if one penny of my subs were going to this Estonian pillock then MAG would be a member down, christ, what an embarrassment for any organisation to carry.
    (If you ask nicely, I'll tell you what I realy think.)

Totally the wrong person to be involved with an organisation that's trying to win public support. Very poor decision whoever made that!
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

Platinum Member
    I can't take him seriously (but only because I keep thinking about the cheeky girls).

Not a member but I would say this, he may be a prick but he is a prick that is makes a lot of noise and generates column inches in Newspapers. Seeing as I bet 9/10 non bikers asked would not be able to tell you what MAG is maybe his appointment might be a good thing it may cause a bit more notice of MAG.

MAG don't need to lobby bikers they need to lobby in a pit of political snakes (to further interests of bikers) maybe best way to attempt that is too toss in your own snake and hope it has big fangs. They now have a snake so give him a chance to show his fangs.

An ex-MP with somewhat of a cloud over his head seems to be the wrong person to gain the trust and support of the non-motorcycling population.

Though recent MAG articles have, to my mind tended to be more inward looking and this seems another case of this.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

Diamond Member
    Agree with most of what has already been said, except to add that it is all about public perception and if the biking fraternity are expressing such negative comments over his appointment, what chance do we have of winning over the hearts and minds of Joe public. If you fly with the crows, you will get shot with them. Why didn’t they go the whole hog and appoint him as Treasurer?