I really enjoy variety in my bikes but think I may be going a stage too far, I'm seriously considering buying a Royal Enfield!

I tried a new one out a few weeks ago almost by mistake, it was a real laugh and for a year or two I've been thinking about 'building' (lightly modifying a standard bike) to make a street scrambler and now I'm pretty much decided on using a RE as the base. I want to go for a 'modern' left hand gear change with disc brake version, not too fussed about electric start, and add single seat, high level exhaust, knobblies, high bars, matt paint job, etc

It will be used as (another) winter bike with a odd bit of very gentle green laning and as I'm not looking to have another bike that needs cleaning after every ride, the tattier the better, not that easy to find though they all seem immaculate, low miles coveted machines.

A post on the forum gives you guys and girls a chance to talk me out of it before I go too far or maybe give me further encouragement, any RE enthusiasts out there?