Notices

Thread: Help, I may actually buy a Royal Enfield!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks Col, love the forum name, exactly what a few of my biking mates think I'll be when I get out on the RE, little do they know there is s thriving community even if some of the members look a little older than me ; )

Picked the RE up yesterday from Plymouth (in a van) and first chance to take it out for a spin today. Starts on the button and chugs along nicely, everything works, stops, goes and handles ok although Avon Slipmaster tyres front and rear didn't inspire confidence on slippery roads this afternoon, square rear profile definitely and acquired taste - one I'm not looking to acquire.
    Popped round to show my Dad who, sadly is no longer fit enough to ride a bike, and he loved the looks and sound, wasn't so keen when I told him I planned to convert into street scrambler.
    Only done 3900 miles, full service was 13 months ago but has done less than 200 miles since so only needed a quick once over of fluids, brakes and tyre pressures. MOT due next month so aim to put some miles on it over the next couple of weekends to get used to it and then stick it in for MOT before deciding what to do with it. I've got another couple of bikes to put back to together before I rip anything else apart (one needs full engine rebuild) so probably won't do anything with RE for at least a couple of months. Look out for a chromed fuel tank reflecting in the sun (!) and listen for the soft chugging of a bygone era as you blast past me ; )

Glad you got the RE sorted Trev any chance of getting some pics up ???

Will do if I ever figure out how to post them, may figure out how to add a pic to my profile at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    Will do if I ever figure out how to post them, may figure out how to add a pic to my profile at the same time
    There used to be a tutorial on the old site but it disappeared when they swapped over . You have to upload your pics to an image hosting site such as photobucket then copy and paste the img code into the reply box .

yay!! enjoy Trev

Open a Photobucket account and upload your pics to there and then you can get the forum code to put them on here at the right size
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

Nice bike ... fancy one myself ....
    It's not about my ears ... it's about my ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post

It will be used as (another) winter bike with a odd bit of very gentle green laning...
    Not sure how far away you are but,

I've been known to do the odd bit of gentle green laning on a Transalp 650 - gives a shout if you're looking for a rideout buddy...

Quote Originally Posted by Oakley View Post
    Not sure how far away you are but,

I've been known to do the odd bit of gentle green laning on a Transalp 650 - gives a shout if you're looking for a rideout buddy...
    I know the offer wasn't aimed at me but I've been thinking about taking my Transalp 600 out on a few lanes.

Done a lot of laning in 4x4s but never on a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdelmonti View Post
    I know the offer wasn't aimed at me but I've been thinking about taking my Transalp 600 out on a few lanes.

Done a lot of laning in 4x4s but never on a bike.
    So you're the one who's been rutting up all the good green lanes in Wiltshire in yer 4x4...

I'm happy to ride with anyone who is interested - as long as you're not Dakar class and expect me to be also - but I'm guessing if you haven't done it before - you won't be...

It'll be good therapy to ween you off 4x4's, get stuck in a rut & you'll be swearing at them too... lol

Have you got suitable tyres..?