Picked the RE up yesterday from Plymouth (in a van) and first chance to take it out for a spin today. Starts on the button and chugs along nicely, everything works, stops, goes and handles ok although Avon Slipmaster tyres front and rear didn't inspire confidence on slippery roads this afternoon, square rear profile definitely and acquired taste - one I'm not looking to acquire.
Popped round to show my Dad who, sadly is no longer fit enough to ride a bike, and he loved the looks and sound, wasn't so keen when I told him I planned to convert into street scrambler.
Only done 3900 miles, full service was 13 months ago but has done less than 200 miles since so only needed a quick once over of fluids, brakes and tyre pressures. MOT due next month so aim to put some miles on it over the next couple of weekends to get used to it and then stick it in for MOT before deciding what to do with it. I've got another couple of bikes to put back to together before I rip anything else apart (one needs full engine rebuild) so probably won't do anything with RE for at least a couple of months. Look out for a chromed fuel tank reflecting in the sun (!) and listen for the soft chugging of a bygone era as you blast past me ; )