Notices

Thread: Help, I may actually buy a Royal Enfield!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakley View Post
    So you're the one who's been rutting up all the good green lanes in Wiltshire in yer 4x4...

I'm happy to ride with anyone who is interested - as long as you're not Dakar class and expect me to be also - but I'm guessing if you haven't done it before - you won't be...

It'll be good therapy to ween you off 4x4's, get stuck in a rut & you'll be swearing at them too... lol

Have you got suitable tyres..?
    Nah I won't touch the lanes in 4x4 in the winter.

Currently got half worn K60 Scouts on so should be alright...ish

barbury castle area would be ok for the translaps

We're going off Enfield topic - I'll start a new thread in Trackdays & Offroading soon, so interested parties can register an interest & we can work it from there. I know there is one there from about 4 months ago - but a lot can change in 4 months...
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakley View Post
    Not sure how far away you are but,

I've been known to do the odd bit of gentle green laning on a Transalp 650 - gives a shout if you're looking for a rideout buddy...
    Having been out today for a first real ride on the RE (70 odd miles A roads and back lanes) I'm well pleased with it but green laning will have to wait until I've fitted suitable tyres and even then will definitely have to be very mild green laning, really tarmac with the odd patch of gravel ; )
    Ground clearance, foot rest position, weight, tank width, handlebars, suspension travel, grabby rear brake (pretty much everything) means its going to be a street scrambler in pretty much style only.

K&N and shorty silencer ordered for next week as feels like it needs to breath a bit more freely and the original silencer is outrageously ugly, I mean seriously, eye offendingly ugly, not to mention far too quiet.