If anybody fancies having a go at marshalling at bike racing have a look at the following extract from the NGRRC website:

How Do I Become A Road Race Marshal?
IF YOU'VE EVER BEEN TO A ROAD RACE MEETING OR SEEN ONE ON TV YOU WILL HAVE SEEN THE MARSHALS, EITHER REMOVING FALLEN BIKES AND RIDERS OR GIVING FLAG SIGNALS TO THOSE WHO ARE RACING.
WHO ARE THEY? - All Marshals have one thing in common, their interest in motorcycle racing, and they all want to be more involved than just spectating. Apart from this shared interest they can and do come from all walks of life, all ages over 18, and of course both sexes.
HOW MUCH TIME DO THEY GIVE? - A Marshal is required to be on duty for the whole of practice and racing. They also attend a training day each year.
ADVANTAGES OF BEING A MARSHAL
· Working with like-minded people. Shared interest.
· Close involvement with the action.
· Free admission to meetings.
· Satisfaction of doing a job critical to making racing safer.
Marshals are vital. Race meetings cannot take place without them .
HOW DO I BECOME A MARSHAL, AND WHAT WILL BE EXPECTED OF ME? - Organisers of race meetings are always happy to welcome and train new Marshals, most people start Marshalling with organisations such as ours that are local to where they live, and if they wish, may go on to also Marshal at top British National and International events. It is completely up to the individual as to how many meetings a year they attend. The only commitment required is that they turn up to those meetings for which they have volunteered.

NGRRC will be holding a 2 day meeting at Castle Combe in 2014

More details available at:

http://www.ngroadracing.org/marshals.htm

(other clubs are available - I just happen to be a member of NGRRC) If you don't fancy marshalling try racing instead

Alternatively if you would like to marshal at BSB and British rounds of MotoGP and WSB you could join Racesafe. If you fancy it, register now as the training takes place once a year in Jan or Feb otherwise you will have to wait for a year longer.

http://www.racesafe.org/?p=join

I've been Marshalling for 5 years now and have met some interesting people from all walks of life and have been very close to the action at the major circuits around the country.

Any questions feel free to ask on here or PM me.

Moo