Notices

Thread: Would you use a WB biker destination cafe/diner/pub?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Bird View Post
    ....... like to have a ride to Compton Abbas airfield apart from that steep winding hill just before you get there.
    Zig Zag hill that's the best bit!

Quote Originally Posted by redken1 View Post
    Not very good at it, but I love spelling too LOL
    I don't like fishing.... I also avoid getting modded for bad language!
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_W View Post
    I don't like fishing.... I also avoid getting modded for bad language!
    Just type crap and see if the swear filter is on or off

I guess its off!

Diamond Member
    Jon, I was only joking – I just found it amusing that Goz pulled you up, albeit in a light hearted way, for a spelling or typo error and used ‘to’ instead of the correct spelling (usage) as in too. A wise man once said to me,“If you intend to occupy the high moral ground in any area of life, make sure you are beyond reproach.”

Quote Originally Posted by QB1 View Post
    Zig Zag hill that's the best bit!
    I have only ever been up and down the hill a couple of times while riding in a group, if the person in front of you gets it wrong it can make it difficult. Will give the bike in front a lot more space next time so they do not get in the way.

Needs a b&b too I'm afraid of camping had grass stains all over knees when I woke up last
    A good ride is any ride you can walk away from, a GREAT ride is if you can use the bike afterward.”

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
    Just type crap and see if the swear filter is on or off

I guess its off!
    I think that's conclusive!
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

If it sells decent food and drink (not necessarily alcohol), and it's a good ride there - then bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!
    GPZ500S - oldie but still a goodie, just like me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im of the liking change brigade, same place would get a bit boring

Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
    Why is Loomies so successful? It has a big parking area, serves decent grub and has some great riding roads on the way there and back. For me, it needs all those things. Same reason why loads of peeps ride all the way to Abergavenny to have a burger in a bus park.
    Exactly...
    I know a pair of bikers who were looking at doing the same thing in the summer (this year) now changed their mind and spending the 50K they had on a farmy place in France.
    I suspect that it would be a long haul, but there's not a lot around here so a possible I think.
    Think location, location, location would be the (main) key, but once you have a name as a biker meeting place I'm sure it would be profitable, as has already been mentioned Loomies, H café, Rikers café, Boxhill even the café in the Welsh village that I can't remember the name of (lots will know it though) all seem to keep busy. These days I think one of the key aids to success would be being really active on every forum you could think of, cars as well as bikes.

Re where, we are a bit short of nice roads around here, east we have the A4 and the roads South East of Marlborough, but central Wilts, not a lot (waits to be shot down).

Might be that you would have to choose between going balls out for a biker / car nut café (which would be more likely to attract bikers etc) or playing it safe and trying to attract everybody (bit like the unsuccessful Hilltop Diner - which is open again as you probably know).
    Hard call...