Quote Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
Why is Loomies so successful? It has a big parking area, serves decent grub and has some great riding roads on the way there and back. For me, it needs all those things. Same reason why loads of peeps ride all the way to Abergavenny to have a burger in a bus park.
Exactly...
I know a pair of bikers who were looking at doing the same thing in the summer (this year) now changed their mind and spending the 50K they had on a farmy place in France.
I suspect that it would be a long haul, but there's not a lot around here so a possible I think.
Think location, location, location would be the (main) key, but once you have a name as a biker meeting place I'm sure it would be profitable, as has already been mentioned Loomies, H café, Rikers café, Boxhill even the café in the Welsh village that I can't remember the name of (lots will know it though) all seem to keep busy. These days I think one of the key aids to success would be being really active on every forum you could think of, cars as well as bikes.

Re where, we are a bit short of nice roads around here, east we have the A4 and the roads South East of Marlborough, but central Wilts, not a lot (waits to be shot down).

Might be that you would have to choose between going balls out for a biker / car nut café (which would be more likely to attract bikers etc) or playing it safe and trying to attract everybody (bit like the unsuccessful Hilltop Diner - which is open again as you probably know).
Hard call...