Notices

Thread: Hello!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hello and welcome
    It's all about the ride!

Hi must say what a gorgeous bike. I absolutely love the look of the RC8, am intending to go to Fowlers and try and get a test ride in the spring and assuming I like the ride as much as the looks and sound it's my next bike.

Morning everyone, thanks for the warm welcome, I'm just itching to get out and ride the damn thing now!! I've already fitted the JCE exhaust...

I'm no summer only rider, but considering I was out in the car until gone midnight last night and there was grit everywhere I'm waiting for my big bottle of ACF50 to arrive - the bike is sitting naked in the garage waiting for it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by QB1 View Post
    I absolutely love the look of the RC8, am intending to go to Fowlers and try and get a test ride in the spring and assuming I like the ride as much as the looks and sound it's my next bike.
    The big twin is a lovely motor, I had the 990 version in the Adventure for four years before I recent swapped for this, and the RC8 is similar lower down but just flies after 7k RPM - if you're into V-Twins you'll fall in love instantly, if you're into fours you might take a while to adjust but the 990 was a superb real world engine and the 1190 is similar

Hello and welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by the_lone_wolf View Post
    Morning everyone, thanks for the warm welcome, I'm just itching to get out and ride the damn thing now!! I've already fitted the JCE exhaust...

I'm no summer only rider, but considering I was out in the car until gone midnight last night and there was grit everywhere I'm waiting for my big bottle of ACF50 to arrive - the bike is sitting naked in the garage waiting for it!!!

The big twin is a lovely motor, I had the 990 version in the Adventure for four years before I recent swapped for this, and the RC8 is similar lower down but just flies after 7k RPM - if you're into V-Twins you'll fall in love instantly, if you're into fours you might take a while to adjust but the 990 was a superb real world engine and the 1190 is similar

Currently ride a 1000 IL4 but had several big V twins and I do like them. I know what you mean they are different.

Hope you get your ACF 50 soon I use FS 365 as well - got a really good deal for 6 on Ebay worked out about £5 per bottle might be worth thinking about too.

Will keep a listen out for the JCE exhaust on the A350

Pretty sure you'll hear it, only run it at idle as she's not insured yet, the amount it's gonna cost I'll get an extra week out of them and insure it when I want to use it

Anyway, ACF-50 arrived this morning, she's been well and truly bathed, probably used way too much but still, everything but the bodywork, tyres and brakes are coated, will wipe it off tomorrow and see what the weather's doing...

Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by the_lone_wolf View Post
    Pretty sure you'll hear it, only run it at idle as she's not insured yet, the amount it's gonna cost I'll get an extra week out of them and insure it when I want to use it

Anyway, ACF-50 arrived this morning, she's been well and truly bathed, probably used way too much but still, everything but the bodywork, tyres and brakes are coated, will wipe it off tomorrow and see what the weather's doing...

It'll stink when you run it

You want to be careful laying it on too thick it'll attract lots of dirt as it'll leave a thick sticky layer on. It's better done with rag and to create a (very) thin coat.

I'm going to leave it for 24hrs and give it a good wipe down, so it won't have that much on when it's finished, but yes, don't want it to attract too much dirt, but then again not too fussed about it as it'll get washed every time it goes out over winter (I know, I'm being a tart, lucky that I don't have to commute on the bike!!) - I just want maximum protection

And yeah. keep an eye out over Melksham tomorrow for the smoke signal...

Hello and nice bike, it must sound epic at full chat.