Notices

Thread: A mark of disrespect. What would you do?

1. A mark of disrespect. What would you do? 
    I have just witnessed the most outragous act in Chippenham town centre.

Standing outside the town hall, the chairman of the local RBL gave the signal for the last post and the bearers to lower the stanards.
    Everyone bowed their heads and the 2 minute silence began.
    Out of the corner of my I caught a glimps of movement then watch in horror as a middle aged woman walked right through the middle of the veterans.

I looked around and saw shop workers, who'd come out to observe the silence, standing open mouthed as this old bag nonchalantly waltzed through with a "yeah, what's you're problem" look on her face.

What to do. Tell her to show respect but break the silence or leave her to it?

Unfortunately as dump her in the middle of Syria, naked and with a giant Israeli flag is not an option, I'd say leave her to it rather than let her cause a bigger disruption, lets face it if she walked through the middle she was after attention anyway so causing a fuss would likely boost her miserable dried out menopausal ego.

Sadly, it's a mark of our time. I guess its fair to say that it's personal choice as to whether you stop and observe the silence. But that said, in walking through the centre of the veterans, she showed her disrespect to other peoples choice.

I hope she tripped up further down the road and dropped her shopping
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

Diamond Member
    Was she German?

Quote Originally Posted by redken1 View Post
    Was she German?
    I'd have prefered it if you'd said "was she Russian?"
    Then I could've said "no she took her time!" followed by much laughter and cheering.

I don't know and I don't care either. There's not a person in the land that doesn't know about armistice day so she had no excuse. If she'd have taken 4 steps to the right she would've passed by without disrupting or disrespecting anyone.

I don't believe anyone should feel compelled to take part in remembering the fallen as the reason they fought was to give us the freedom to choose, but I take do exception to anyone mocking it.
    Thankfully people like her are in the minority.

Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltshire builders View Post
    I'd have prefered it if you'd said "was she Russian?"
    Then I could've said "no she took her time!" followed by much laughter and cheering.

I don't know and I don't care either. There's not a person in the land that doesn't know about armistice day so she had no excuse. If she'd have taken 4 steps to the right she would've passed by without disrupting or disrespecting anyone.

I don't believe anyone should feel compelled to take part in remembering the fallen as the reason they fought was to give us the freedom to choose, but I take do exception to anyone mocking it.
    Thankfully people like her are in the minority.
    Dan, could not agree more and on reflection perhaps my off-the-cuff comment was not appropriate. Sincere apologies if I've offended anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by redken1 View Post
    Dan, could not agree more and on reflection perhaps my off-the-cuff comment was not appropriate. Sincere apologies if I've offended anyone.
    There will always be someone ready to be offended.
    I don't think you were being offensive.
    Isn't it the British way to laugh in the face of absurd situations?
    Made me laugh anyway. 😄

Diamond Member
    http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/pitt-film...070141643.html

Oversensitivity or the 'show must go on' ???
    Last edited by redken1; 12-11-13 at 08:42 AM.

Remember!
    Take a moment to remember
    On this day in November
    The brave that fought for you and I
    A moment to say thank you and goodbye
    To the fallen that never returned home
    Who left their loved ones all alone
    A moment is too short it seems
    For they never got to live their dreams
    Remember at eleven for just one minute
    All the fallen and those who fought in it.
    A good ride is any ride you can walk away from, a GREAT ride is if you can use the bike afterward.”

Diamond Member
    As you all know, I am a firm believer in the "let it out" when it comes to arguments, but in this particular case, I'd bitten my tongue, for once,as it would have been more disrespectful to cause a bigger scene than she already had.