Notices

Thread: New Baby Harley

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Evening Rocket..pleased to hear you enjoyed your Harley time. Nice to know you're still smiling from your Bantam ride... Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....lol. Amazing how things have changed.. I used to think some my old bikes went well.. I had ago on a beautiful GS1000E.. Brakes were rubbish and it didn't handle like I remembered..would I have one again...to true I would!!!

Must admit the first Hinckley Bonnie I had did have the chrome flaking off of the Italian rims and I did change the cases for chrome items as the originals had suffered during winter months. I love the Rocket Roadster (not a fan of feet forward riding) as it sort of goes with my bulk and makes me look smaller

The Rocket is a nice machine.. I keep looking at them in blades in Swindon.. Last year they were very heavily discounted as they are of a "Marmite" bike to some and they couldn't shift them.. There's a custom painted one in the trade centre which belonged to one of the salesmen.. If money was no object I'd definitely go for one.. They had a new "Indian" in too.. It was a red Chieftain.. Not sure if I liked it as much in the flesh as I did in the picture.. But time will tell if it's up to much..

Reading MCN Indians are in a legal battle so could be a good investment if Polaris loose as they would have to call them something else from March onwards so the few 'Indians' already sold/for sale could be a very limited number.

I'll have to try to get hold of a copy of as I'd like to read the story, seems a shame Polaris bought the rights to Indian, or so we were lead to believe.. They've poured millions into the new engine. Would have been so easy just to use the engine out of the victory range..

I found the story on the net.. Seems that the that one of the indigenous native Indian tribes are filing a law suite regarding the right to use the word "Indian" as a trade mark.

Its all down to the idea that if using the trade name and imagery makes the average guy in the street believe that the native Americans are profiting from the sale of the motorcycle brand. Which of course they don't.. It's an attempt in the US to repay the Indian nation for the exploitation of the past and to ensure it doesn't continue in the future. It might lead to other such actions regarding the symbolism used though out the states with every type of product and even sports teams that used Indian images in their merchandise.