Notices

Thread: New Baby Harley

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    I know what you mean when you say it's a special place. Those little sweeping roads through the Highlands are a dream. Makes me want to saddle up right now. As for "The Wallis" .. It's just one of those things.. But there again no different to other "owners" clubs.. MG..VW and the like..they just want to maintain the theme I guess. Thunder in the Glens on the other hand is basically open for all.. It's held in the grounds of the MacDonald's hotel chain.. But the whole village turns itself to the Rally. We like to stay in one of the Hotels. But you can also camp in the grounds. It's run by Hog so is very organised ..great live music and bars around every corner..and the Sunday ride out which the locals get the chairs out and watch the bikes go by..I think it was over 500 bikes last year, and although it was mainly Harley's there was all sorts there..every make you can think of..

Heading from Applecross towards Torridon.

If the lottery ever comes up..I'll be up there just riding and taking in the views.. Fantastic.. Mmm I feel the need for a Bell Haven for some reason..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sins View Post
    If the lottery ever comes up..I'll be up there just riding and taking in the views.. Fantastic.. Mmm I feel the need for a Bell Haven for some reason..lol
    Or a pint 'O' Heavy

Now your talking.. I had a great time in Avimore last year.. Got to find the time to go this year.. Either to TTIG.. Or just a road trip..

I have to get a fix some time soon !!!

Never wanted a big Harley so wouldn't want a toy one. Times have moved on and now the Japanese, English & Italians do customs much better. Better quality, more reliable and usually cheaper.

Well I've never had any problems with any of my Harley's. ... They hold there price better than any other make.. As for better mmm it's a matter of taste. A mate had the big Kawasaki tourer..he loved it ..let him have ago on mine..he rides a Harley now.
    I never slag off others bikes..just good that people ride.. Used to love my Japs but they had their problems.. I looked at triumphs as I love the styling but the finish is a little delicate.. A mate who works for triumph put me right on that.. I thought the scrambler should fair well but they fur up in no time when the weather turns. Still fancy the explorer though.

Well all this tech talk has befuddled the brain.... I ride Ian does the tech
    I bought my Harley 883 Sporty in 1998, She was the evo version (1992). Have to say she was the perfect ladies bike.
    I sold her in 2009 and got the same price bar £50 that I paid for her.....result.
    I put loads of very comfy and most enjoyable miles on the clock.
    If my leg and hip had held out I'd still be riding her today

I miss her

Quote Originally Posted by Sins View Post
    Well I've never had any problems with any of my Harley's. ...
    +1 on that. I've had loads of British and Jap bikes and a couple of Harleys over many years and I'd rate the build quality of a modern Harley against any Jap cruiser any day.

A bloke at work bought a Dragstar about a week after I bought my first Harley. The engine paint started peeling off his Yamaha within two months, after six months it looked awful whilst mine looked as good as new. I kept my Harley for three years, took it back to the dealer I bought it from and got just five hundred quid less than I paid for it new. I part exchanged it for another Harley because I enjoyed riding the first one so much. The bloke at work sold his Yamaha after a year and lost a couple of grand.

I hate listening to people slagging off off another rider's machine when you'd think they'd respect anybody who's daft enough to ride anything nowadays given the abysmal standard of driving you see every day. I love riding any bike and I don't care where it's made or who makes it. I just think myself lucky every time I swing my leg over one. I rode an old BSA Bantam a couple of weeks ago and it was wonderful, I hadn't ridden one for years and it gave me the biggest smile, I'm still smiling now.