Notices

Thread: New Baby Harley

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabz View Post
    I wonder how much power it'll make - some of the huge engines on Harleys only make 70bhp ish but you'd need a certain amount to make this fun
    Power or speed on a Harley is irrelevant.

I thought they were all limited to 50mph

50 is a fair enough speed on a cruiser but it depends how long it takes to get up to that speed! Without a sensible amount of power you're going to lose the power to pull away quick or overtake with roll-on speed, so it'd be boring
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

A Harley is a Harley , like Marmite you either love them or hate them , but no getting away from the fact that they are a Classic Iconic motorcycle............ Just looks like they've lost the plot with that thing !!!

I don't like it.... At all. Its trying to be something else. Like the Vrod (don't like that either).

Ps, Harleys are not restricted to 50mph, lol! Its just that any faster and its just not so comfy. 50 is a nice number to cruise at :-)

i like it..might even try one out ..i like the idea that the pegs are not stretched too far in front..ideal for shortasses like me
    ride to work,work to live,live to ride

When I read 500 I was expecting it to be a single like the Buell that never got sold over here

When I was a kiddie I fell in love with the looks of the Harley XLCR Cafe racer I'd seen in MCN, saw one once in the flesh in Weymouth, must have been 1979 - remember walking around it for ages like some prowling lion! That was way before Harleys became 'a British Institution'

The fact that it looks like an XLCR and is black goes a long way for me. Still can't ever see a time when I would want a Harley, but I like it. That to me looks very much like one, might not do parked within 30 feet of one but in a picture you can see. Unfortunately I can't see it being very popular as it doesn't look enough like a traditional Harley. Good luck to them though

It looks very nice but I have never been a HD man.
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

Looks good!

About time Harley replaced the old 883. Hopefully the engine and box are good.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

I think the 883 Iron will be here for years to come..they're a cheap way into the Brand and hold their price well. I'd have on as a "Bar Hopper" great fun.. the new 500 and 750 street are there to open up the market to the countries that restrict learner on engine size.. and it's on sale in india before here for that reason.. As for Big Harleys only making 70 hp..Mmm well my big twin cam 103 came out of the box with 86hp not bad considering it fires 5 degrees after TDC in order to meet our emissions.. it's the torque that they deliver makes them go..102 lbft.. to give you an idea a new Busa is 194 hp and 114 lb ft. the option cams for mine are around £400 and after setting the to run you bolt on 33 more hp and a shed load of torque. Saying that I loved the Busa..but couldn't do 700 miles in a day on it..and walk after.. now its 100mph through the toll roads with the cruise control on.. Happy days

Not ready for that yet, but hats off to you if it floats your boat, might get ya tassels in chaps caught on the pipes though Y..M...C...A... !!, .....saw a Night Rod once that was cool! Would have ridden and enjoyed it, along as nobody spotted me !!!
    Counting down until my next ride out!