Notices

Thread: New Baby Harley

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    [QUOTE=WR6133;458835]Long time before I can buy something like that! At least without the Mrs divorcing me . Of the 883's I prefer the roadster I like the "fuller" look as opposed to bobbed/minimalist.

I ride 300 quids worth of Chinese 250 that I spent the last 3 months getting on the road

That's a lot of bike for £300

Quote Originally Posted by Sins View Post
    Last year I was in the Oxford HD dealership and there was a three year old soft tail for sale.. I hit the speedo button..860 miles.. So it was due it's first mot before it's first service.. What a waste!!..
    There's a street bob near me that the guy seems to have bought, put under a cover and (literally) not moved for 9 months. Pointless waste

Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post

That's a lot of bike for £300
    Yeah I couldn't quite believe it myself. It's probably cost me another 200 in parts, though 100 of that was to replace the stock mufflers after some tosser vandalised them.

[QUOTE=WR6133;458847]There's a street bob near me that the guy seems to have bought, put under a cover and (literally) not moved for 9 months. Pointless waste

There's some HOG members who buy them just to say.. " I ride a Harley ".. They buy the CVO models and tow them behind their equally expensive RV to the rally's even if they are 50 miles down the road.. Still you get to buy a low mileage example years down the line. Lol
    i picked the silver Fatboy in the picture up on the Wednesday .. 8 miles on the clock and booked it in for its first service the following week..rode it home..plus a quick blast.. Loaded the camping gear on a rode it to the Wallis rally in Stirling the next morning..it poured down a blew a gale for the whole way..couldn't get the smile off my face

[QUOTE=Sins;458850]
    Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    There's a street bob near me that the guy seems to have bought, put under a cover and (literally) not moved for 9 months. Pointless waste

There's some HOG members who buy them just to say.. " I ride a Harley ".. They buy the CVO models and tow them behind their equally expensive RV to the rally's even if they are 50 miles down the road.. Still you get to buy a low mileage example years down the line. Lol
    i picked the silver Fatboy in the picture up on the Wednesday .. 8 miles on the clock and booked it in for its first service the following week..rode it home..plus a quick blast.. Loaded the camping gear on a rode it to the Wallis rally in Stirling the next morning..it poured down a blew a gale for the whole way..couldn't get the smile off my face
    Thunder in the glen , Wallis Rally , you seem to get up to Scotland quite a bit Sins I looked on the web for Wallis rally couldn't find anything any chance of a link?

Platinum Member
    Makes me wonder if one of the main markets for this bike will be China?

Quote Originally Posted by FJ_Biker View Post
    Makes me wonder if one of the main markets for this bike will be China?
    Unlikely, Urban China that could afford it is massively anti-motorcycle. Many cities ban them outright within the cities. Beijing has a 2 tier registration system and if you want the good number plate that still only allows you up to ring road 2 you have to fork out serious money to buy one off a current owner as they only issued a limited amount, caught without the right type of plate and they crush the bike. Add to that imported bikes garner 75% or more to the price in taxes and charges. There's also a bit of a social stigma many urban (only people that may afford a HD) Chinese see bikes as something for the backward countryside peasants (who rely on the cheap Chinese bikes to go anywhere).

Amusingly the reason many cities claim for banning or restricting bikes is "air pollution".

(Only know all this because the wife is from Beijing)

Platinum Member
    Interesting. Do they have a cc size restriction like other countries in Asia?

Quote Originally Posted by FJ_Biker View Post
    Interesting. Do they have a cc size restriction like other countries in Asia?
    It varies from place to place (it's down to municipal/provincial laws not national). I've seen big bikes on the outskirts of Beijing but they were older imported (probably illegally) Jap stuff and toys for spoiled kids of the uber-rich. Probably near 90% of what you see is 150cc and under both due to rules in certain areas and that motorcycles are banned on most of the Chinese Motorways so there is no point having anything designed to do much more than 50mph as speed limits are low there and the local coppers enjoy enforcing them (for the bribes from busted drivers).

Evening Cool Daddy.. Yes I love riding around the Highlands, the people are great. The roads are fantastic..shame you can't guarantee the weather.. Although I did get a sun tan once.. The Wallis Rally is in Stirling in the grounds of the Rugby ground. it's a Harley Federation club.. Just look up "The Caledonia Harley Club" and you'll find the link.. There is a downside.. Non Harley's by club invitation only. Great Rally though..

Love to ride around the Highlands too , my favourite roads are up there , it's a special place and yes it is a shame you can't guarantee the weather , but on the upside along with the midges it keeps down the overcrowding You can ride all day in the north west in summer and never see a soul . Shame The Wallis Rally is a bit of a closed shop . My Mum was born in Stirlingshire at Airthrey Castle near Bridge of Allan , it was converted into a hospital during the war and my Gran was evacuated to there from Glasgow to give birth to her . Never actually been there , must have a look one day