Notices

Thread: Driver blocks me from filtering

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonmf View Post
    As I said before, thanks to all for the comments (all of them). It really made me look to the situation differently. Next time I will not do the same for sure. My safety is first and that was dumb forcing my way, whether I am right or not. But I'll keep cursing, can't help it, it's not in English and I'm the only one that can hear anyway

Rabb, where you today in salisbury parking the bike in Nero cafe with other biker? Do you wear an army colour jacket?

Julie S, yes, that was me for sure. Next time beep or do lights signaling or just wave On that saturday a guy from his car gave me a thumbs up. Probably a biker.
    Great to hear. It takes a real man to admit he may be at fault.
    We all let the red mist decend at times but it's recognising it that's the hard part.
    It's very easy to get complacent and think you're the only one who knows what they're doing on the road.
    I had a scary moment in Lithuania this summer and if it wasn't for the quick reactions of a car driver I would probably be writing this from a wheelchair and I would have had only myself to blame.
    It certainly gave me a reality check!

Quote Originally Posted by Mal103 View Post
    Agree that some roundabouts are badly signed in Salisbury, especially that one, there is a dodgy one going in the other direction where you have to get in the right hand lane to continue on the A36.
    Roundabouts in England in general are awfully signed. Anyway, I don't think that was the cause of the drivers behavior, his look on his face seemed impavid and serene, he didn't look lost or confused with his direction at all. Also, he didn't give signaling to change lane and he straightened the wheels so he was going straight.

As for the filtering side, I always see everyone filtering in between cars/layers, so some cars are being filtered from the right and others from the left. I did that when police cars are in the queue and also you can see videos of police in motorbikes doing the same. Can't see where the problem is on going between lanes when traffic is stopped.

I think is good to say on this thread that every time I have to filter, drivers (here in england) do their best to clear the way for my filtering. It is actually difficult for me because I have to thank them all (with nods or left hand) this video was the only time I saw someone closing the gap in purpose (yes, I still think was in purpose).

wiltshire builders: We all learn with our mistakes. It sounds like it was a serious moment. Glad you are ok.

Conehead: I don't see the problem of changing lanes before getting into the roundabout. What I see is people from the most right lane cutting the middle lane entering to the round about. But that's like when people turn into a road, they don't know how to make a 90ยบ turn, ie without crossing the other lane. This happens so much here in England. Not saying I never do mistakes and taht I'm a very good driver/biker but I see so much bad driving in UK compared to my country.

Anyway, when you see the video just have a laugh, not too worry too much. I learned my lesson for next time thanks to your comments.