Notices

Thread: Driver blocks me from filtering

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Driver blocks me from filtering 
    A few weeks ago on my way to work a driver blocked me from filtering. Unbelievable!

If you live in Salisbury, watch out for this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We8USOz67lY

At least you kept the conversation to mostly 4 letter words
    A good ride is any ride you can walk away from, a GREAT ride is if you can use the bike afterward.”

Platinum Member
    There are lots of crap drivers out there that can't even control one vehicle let alone try to keep traffic flowing.
    He may have thought that giving you room on his offside would enable you to pass with ease.
    I have had people try to stop me overtaking them by taking a position on the centre-line!
    I just wait until I can give them a really wide-berth and accelerate away from them.
    I drive through Salisbury on a regular basis and have had 'Two stoppie moments' where cars turning right across the flow of traffic have tried to make me part of their 'Bonnet Furniture' - I must be that good looking!
    The first guy that did this to me was hit by a fully snorkelled up Range Rover trying the same manoeuvre two weeks later!
    Just remember its a 'what goes around comes around thing'!

By the way I think that I spotted you on Monday or Tuesday of last week driving north on the A36 - was it you?
    (I was on my blue & white GSXR) ??
    Last edited by Rabb; 03-11-13 at 09:52 PM.

haha there were more than 4 letter words

blue and white GSXR? Driving north on the A36?What do you mean by north? At what time? Did I nod you? Generally I nod to every motorcycle even if they are on the other side of the road and I'm doing a valentino rossi corner but rarely I get a nod back. (exaggerating a little bit when saying "valentino rossi corner" )

Probably an idiot driver , no real reason to pull left as he stopped. Not sure of the mentality of people who block bikes as it doesn't affect them if we pass or not as we won't be holding them up either way. Had similar recently but from the left lane who were probably just trying to look ahead.
    try to resist the urge to push their wing mirror....

Quote Originally Posted by Mal103 View Post
    Probably an idiot driver , no real reason to pull left as he stopped. Not sure of the mentality of people who block bikes as it doesn't affect them if we pass or not as we won't be holding them up either way. Had similar recently but from the left lane who were probably just trying to look ahead.
    try to resist the urge to push their wing mirror....
    I'm new to these situations. After that I thought I should have put my shoe print on his door but the wing mirror is a good idea. Maybe next time

Diamond Member
    Can't see really what the car drivers done wrong. Yes, they've moved over 6-12 inches but what makes you think they've done that deliberately to spoil your filtering? Very minor in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
    Can't see really what the car drivers done wrong. Yes, they've moved over 6-12 inches but what makes you think they've done that deliberately to spoil your filtering? Very minor in my opinion.
    6-12inches was what the caravan driver moved and was just enough for me to pass through.

To be honest I probably would have just pulled up behind and waited, if you had trouble squeezing through and the lights changed...
    Wouldn't advise kicking the door or hitting the mirror, just tempting sometimes. If they did react badly then you are more vulnerable.
    More tempting to just pull up alongside and push the mirror with your finger to change the angle/view

Quote Originally Posted by Mal103 View Post
    More tempting to just pull up alongside and push the mirror with your finger to change the angle/view
    So cool!!! I'll not forget that one