Notices

Thread: New Yamaha model

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. New Yamaha model 
    Diamond Member
    Looking forward to next Monday because Yamaha are unveiling a new model. They have done a good job at keeping their cards close to their chests on this one as not much info has leaked out prior to launch date of 4th. I could be well off the mark, but I have got a sneaky feeling it could be a smaller sibling of the MT-09 to go head-to-head with the Triumph ST, but we will see.

Sounds interesting, I've got an MT-03, cracking bike but could do with a bit more room and a bit more power, something between that and the MT-09 sounds perfect

I expect it will be a new R6 since the current one pretty much goes back to 2007.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Platinum Member
    Yamaha claim it to be 'naked and agile', so I suspect nothing like a Sprint ST. I reckon it'll be a bigger version of the MT03.

Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooj View Post
    Yamaha claim it to be 'naked and agile', so I suspect nothing like a Sprint ST. I reckon it'll be a bigger version of the MT03.
    Apologies on my original post Nooj as I should have made it clearer. ST as in Street Triple and not Sports Tourer

Have I missed something or is this just the official unveiling of the MT-09?

I think this is the new bike from Yamaha (MT07???) http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-...rce/23838.html

Banned
    Yamaha’s message says:

Just over the horizon there's a new kind of 2-wheeled animal heading this way. It's provocative. It's naked. And it's agile.

‘The Dark Side of Japan is about to deliver another rude awakening to the streets of Europe.
    ‘And resistance to this unstoppable force is impossible.
    ‘Now, more than ever, sleeping bikers have a reason to rise up and ride.’

I'm awake and I want one

Diamond Member
    So what are your first impressions of the all new Yamaha MT-07. I like the aggressive styling, but on the face of it the power output sounds a bit disappointing compared to some of its rivals. That said however, I suppose it is how that power is delivered is what matters - look forward to reading reviews.

hmm it's interesting but not as good looking as the rivals in my opinions :/
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers