Notices

Thread: That warm glow that only tinkering with a bike gives you....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    Having an abused/extremely abused Chinese 125 the warm fuzzy feeling on fixing something left me 300 repairs ago.

I must be a masochist though as when I finally do my DAS I am thinking of getting the 250 version!
    Sounds like it's no longer Chinese hope that makes you feel better
    A good ride is any ride you can walk away from, a GREAT ride is if you can use the bike afterward.”

Tinkering again as got the week off...

Fitted the cheapo saddle bags to the bag and fairly impressed so far, will have to wait to see if they sag after a soaking. This means i can get rid of the tank bag that was bungied to the pillion seat and my rucksack won't "sit" on it anymore.
    Also raised my seat by 5 washers, feel like i'm always sliding forwards and crushing things... seems okay so far, amazing how many little jobs can get done with a few hours fettling.

I tend to get that firey feeling when tinkering with bikes or cars, not a warm glow

I am about to get this feeling again as soon as the weather improves as my bike has died on me. Gonna strip her down for a deep clean while I fix her but as it lives on the street I can only work on it when the weather is nice'ish'.
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.