Notices

Thread: Cold Start Problems and Flooding

1. Cold Start Problems and Flooding 
    I have a carburettor 600 FL CBR. It runs as sweet as a nut, but won't start from cold. Always floods. Its only just starting doing this.
    Counting down until my next ride out!

Check any rubber hoses for splits or signs of perishing

New spark plug mabey different one for cold weather some people recommend a resistance number lower just a guess is there a auto choke or cable adjusting needed
    A good ride is any ride you can walk away from, a GREAT ride is if you can use the bike afterward.”

check the the float isn't sticking

From what you say I am assuming that it is flooding because it is not starting rather than the other way round? As others have said check all hoses/wiring for obvious damage but if my assumption is right you appear to have fuel getting to the cylinders but that fuel is not being ignited, so I would start with checking the ignition system but first of all the condition of the battery as if it is a bit tired it may provide enough power to crank the engine but not enough for the ignition as well.
    Orange ones are faster, but red ones are more comfortable!

my gsx750 has just started doing the same thing and thinking its the battery not having enough power to turn engine over and power ignition as it was fine last week and has started doing this after not being used for a week being out in a cold garage and alarm draining battery

Thank you everybody. My regulator that I brought on flea bay, had welded its wiring contacts to the wiring loom. Unbeknown to me it was missing a wire too for earthing. Although it was working, when it did its partial melt down my 1 year old battery grew in size. Hence the not enough spark to spark. So brought an original Honda part and a new battery..... all done. Thank you for the advice, starts first click from cold as it always used too. My G plate 20,000 CBR 600F costs me a fortune to maintain but I love it.
    Counting down until my next ride out!