Notices

Thread: Driving standards

Hybrid View

I also think bikers should retake there test, why just car drivers?? Do we really think that all of us are so much better than all of the car drivers !
    Counting down until my next ride out!

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
    Personally I think making people re-take their driving tests every five years would do wonders to improve driving standards
    Quote Originally Posted by shiftyblake View Post
    I also think bikers should retake there test, why just car drivers?? Do we really think that all of us are so much better than all of the car drivers !
    What happens then if you fail the test through no fault of your own (because someone else did something on the road) and as a result lost your job, home, etc........ Never going to happen.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Uber Dave View Post
    What happens then if you fail the test through no fault of your own (because someone else did something on the road) and as a result lost your job, home, etc........ Never going to happen.
    They could be given a couple of months to have some lessons and retake and pass.
    There are some dangerous drivers/riders on the road so if they did lose their licences the roads would be safer for the rest.
    But yea it won't ever happen.

People seem to give up on learning to drive once they pass their tests.

Driving instructors aren't just for people learning to drive, they are also there for people wishing to brush up or improve their driving skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
    They could be given a couple of months to have some lessons and retake and pass.
    There are some dangerous drivers/riders on the road so if they did lose their licences the roads would be safer for the rest.
    But yea it won't ever happen.

People seem to give up on learning to drive once they pass their tests.

Driving instructors aren't just for people learning to drive, they are also there for people wishing to brush up or improve their driving skills.
    Agreed, took IAM training and test last year after 30+ years of riding and definitely improved my riding and, to a lesser extent, my driving. Still surprises me though how many bikers don't do further training, especially those of us who have been riding for a while, and the wide range of reasons (excuses) for not doing so. I know I can't improve other road users skills but certainly can my own.

I definitely need to refresh my driving skills and am going to sign up to IAM driving sessions and put our sales guys (and girl) through similar course.