Notices

Thread: The poor old dear needs the money

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Diamond Member
    Unlike most of her 'subjects' of her generation, at least the unelected elitist head of state can rely on the taxpayer to meet the 8.2 per cent increase in her heating bill this winter. Quite surprised the government have not sold the monarchy off to rich Arabs or Americans. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by redken1 View Post
    Unlike most of her 'subjects' of her generation, at least the unelected elitist head of state can rely on the taxpayer to meet the 8.2 per cent increase in her heating bill this winter. Quite surprised the government have not sold the monarchy off to rich Arabs or Americans. Lol

Nice to have you back Ken !!!

Another misguided political JPEG created for Facebook based on incorrect information

God bless our country full of armchair politicians who would rather spend their time making images for people to 'like' on Facebook instead of putting effort into making things better for themselves
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

Quote Originally Posted by Dabz View Post
    Another misguided political JPEG created for Facebook based on incorrect information

God bless our country full of armchair politicians who would rather spend their time making images for people to 'like' on Facebook instead of putting effort into making things better for themselves
    Agreed - our country isn't perfect, same as life, but it's way better place to live than many others and the beauty of the global economy we live in is that if the UK really is that bad just up sticks and move to somewhere you think is better. Good luck with that BTW.

Banned
    England is a beautiful country with some wonderful people but it also has parasites like the royal family which should have been removed a long time ago

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabz View Post

Wrong again

http://www.businessinsider.com/world...rs-2011-3?op=1

http://www.whoownstheworld.com/about...est-landowner/

http://www.newstatesman.com/global-i...orld-australia

If the Queen could convert her landholdings into cash, she would not only be the richest individual on earth, but also the richest person who has ever lived.

I read somewhere that it would cost $50 billion to give everyone on the planet fresh clean drinking water.
    The queen has the money to do that but chooses not to. What does that say about her??
    She's nothing more than a selfish, evil old bitch who sits in her palace while people around the world die and does nothing to help. **** her

Time for you to put your tin hat on Swanny and climb back into your padded cell lol

Diamond Member
    Not so sure that all the content of your original post is factually correct Swanny, but I do agree with your sentiment. To be fair, there is a lot of misinformation from both the republican and the royalist camps. For me as a true democrat I could never square the circle of supporting an unelected head of state. For those regal supporters who peddle the argument that she has no real power it’s worth noting that a newly elected Westminster MP or MSP in Scotland must take an oath swearing allegiance to the monarch before thye can take up their seat in the respective parliaments.

Moreover, Idon't know if people realise this, but in Westminster if you refuse to take the oath your seat remains vacant until the next election. In the Scottish Parliament, if you don't take the oath within two months of being elected there is an immediate by-election. Ironic and certainly undemocratic when you consider that since the inception of Holyrood in 1999 numerous MSPs were elected pledging to abolish the monarchy.

"The queen has the money to do that but chooses not to. What does that say about her??
    She's nothing more than a selfish, evil old bitch who sits in her palace while people around the world die and does nothing to help. **** her"

Woah, you must have had a very bad experience with an old queen somewhere along the line to feel that venomous about an old lady.

Even though I respect your right to hold your views I really don't get how anyone can harbour such a huge negative strength of feeling about the monarchy in this day and age. I'm probably just about pro-monarchy but not really fussed either way, other things are way more important for me. I think I recognise when I'm out of my depth so will leave the discussion to those more interested in the subject - no pun intended ; )

Looked about a bit and can't post anything bad about queen hear jail cold this time of year. But read a few jems to avoid paying for stamps but address as return address and make up address on front to deliver your mail or cover stamp in glue then clean post mark and reuse I know working class won't save much but will at least we might get some more work done.
    A good ride is any ride you can walk away from, a GREAT ride is if you can use the bike afterward.”