Notices

Thread: The poor old dear needs the money

Hybrid View

So what do they actually do for us as a people? Could someone enlighten me... Do they bring tourist revenue, or tradition. You'll be telling me there's a god next!

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntsunlimited View Post
    So what do they actually do for us as a people? Could someone enlighten me... Do they bring tourist revenue, or tradition. You'll be telling me there's a god next!
    The tourism created is pretty huge. Not just to London but other palaces/castles, places like Windsor would be nothing's if it wasn't for their Crown Residences.

Many of the estates actually turn a profit which she dopes not keep but goes to the treasury (especially Prince Charles, you can even buy his stuff in Waitrose), I think but I maybe wrong here that if her profits were kept by her and not put in the public kitty she would actually not cost us anything, the whole costing us money thing comes from the fact they take all her profits from her making it public money and then give her some back to her as a handout.

Also her foreign trips do raise the profile of Britain, China sends Panda's on loan to aid diplomacy, we send a little pensioner with a crown and people love it. Go abroad to some places and when the locals realise you are a Brit you will be hounded with questions about the Royals. Also she is politically neutral this means she can be dispatched to nations our politicians may not agree with (or that hate us) or to meet leaders that politicians may find embarrassing (bashar assad and the like).