Just returned from 5 days in Europe travelling through Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany and France. Just over 1800 miles in total, some great roads and sights and the NC was the perfect bike for the trip IMO.

Used the frunk and a Kriega 10L tail pack (I travel light) and carried all I needed. Used iphone and map for navigation, map for rough route planning each night, iphone for when I needed to find specific point or really couldn't find the right road out of town!

Bike didn't miss a beat, chain needed one small adjustment (I run a Tuturo oiler), whiff of oil when I got home, a bloody good clean and new rear tyre. Have today replaced the Z8's with a pair of Michelin Pilot 3's and can't wait to see how they perform now the wet stuff is well and truly here.

What will I change for next time - tank top map holder to save opening frunk on each route check stop, charger for iphone to save carrying battery pack back up, 8 days next time and take in Alps/Italy/switzerland.

Averaged 68 - 72 mpg but two tankfuls on French D roads at 90 - 110 kmh nursing very worn rear tyre averaged 83mpg which I find amazing as although a more gentle than I would have normally ridden wasn't amazingly slow, not much passed me put it that way.

Although I haven't owned 'adventure or touring bikes' to compare I cant at the moment think of what one would add for my type of riding that the NC can't deliver, for sure a bit more oomph is always welcome but not if against any trade off in additonal weight, practicality or fun. The DCT was superb on roads where you really need to concentrate on what's around you rather than what gear you're in and I'm going to find it interesting when I get out on one of my 'manual' bikes this weekend.