Notices

Thread: Five Horses 8th September

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Five Horses 8th September 
    Excellent day out, a little low on numbers compared to previous years with only 35 bikes entered. There seemed to be a good mix of old & new (both bikes & riders) Most of the route was tarmac for a change with a considerable amount of white lines and even cats eyes in places but we did throw in the odd little lane & gravel bit just in case you thought we were going soft and to keep people on their toes.
    Despite the forecast we managed to stay mostly dry with just a little sharp shower of rain while in the saddle and a bit of a downpour when we were in the pub but it was a bit chilly - have you warmed up yet Rosie?
    My apologies for the lunchtime wait at Pewsey but despite the warning that we were coming it appears they had given the chef the day off!
    Altogether we raised £220.55 for Macmillan which includes a donation from Three Magpies.

Many thanks to everyone who came along and contributed.

BB
    Last edited by BB; 09-09-13 at 05:43 PM.
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Brilliant to see that much raised for Macmillan, a really worthy cause.

35 bikes is a lot less than previous years where we've easily seen 100+ but it's something I think all groups have seen this year - other than a few huge rides our numbers have been a bit down too, I guess a symptom of fuel prices/wages and the weather. Sorry we couldn't make it - having a day out straight after honeymoon and the day before returning to work was probably a bit unrealistic :P
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

Yeh, yeh, excuses excuses! Missed you two, must catch up soon

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

I went down with my partner to watch everybody getting back to the 3Ms in the afternoon. Some lovely bikes, and a lot of smiling faces. It was good to meet you BB. As I said yesterday, hopefully I will be joining the run next year, either on my CG125, or something a bit bigger :-) Just need to contact Mark now to sort out renewing my CBT and then doing my full-test.
    Vic

Enjoyed the route round wilts to Pewsey and though the meal took ages it was worth the wait....sorry had to leave and return home after lunch but have a new family member(9 month old English bulldog) that needed attending to.

Banned
    I'll be taking sandwiches next year

'twas a great day out on the bike ,
    ...huge thanks to Judy, Don and the Bath Classic bike club for another brilliantly organised 5 horses run.. the turnout was a little disappointing, half the number of bikes there this year.. but didn't spoil the enjoyment one bit.

the omelette was worth the hour and a quarter wait.. ..
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

Perhaps he had to find where the hen had laid her eggs?

We have a few thoughts for next year, and it won't include Pewsey

I really enjoyed the day, thanks to Don and Judy. Shame there weren't a few more bikes but a good amount raised!

Yes Judy, warmed up now!!
    It's all about the ride!