Notices

Thread: new person thats needs a bit of advice

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hi im from swindon theres a place at blunston stadium they let you have a hour training free for cbt it called a van van the bike you use there if you do full test you can ride any cc but if you do a cbt its 125 or smaller expect cheeper insurance. Theres a big diffrence in bikes but the driving is the same ish. If you buy second hand ask for it to be booked in a garage that day to let you know what could be wrong with it they might miss somethings expect to have a few hundred £ in case somthing gos wrong with any bike water might get in somthing or a pot hole could do something wrong.the best advice i can give it get some good outfit case you do come off. Good luck (and breath when reading my comments my grammer ant not no good ) full stop ....
    A good ride is any ride you can walk away from, a GREAT ride is if you can use the bike afterward.”

Many thanks ... Will come and say hello .. Would love to meet you all

Hey thanks for all the advice and for.your kind PM as well.
    X

Hi

Mark taught me ...if he can do that, he can do anything..
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

Hello and welcome.

Hi ya.
    I'm from Swindon and have held my licence for many, many, cough, cough years.
    However I would highly recommend Abbey Training at Blunsdon Stadium, also, Motovation at Lynham. Both can be found on line, I believe.
    Hope all goes well for you.
    Ride safe.

Hello and welcome Hellie,

As there are loads of training schools about it is a minefield. I managed to get my better halfs CBT for £49 via Groupon, so that might be worth a look.
    She took it with the guys at Mega Motorcycle Store and then decided to take her full test.
    My advice would be to do your CBT and see if you enjoy it that much that you want that bit more power, you could always stick to the 125 licence if that is what you feel comfortable on.
    If you get on with it like a house on fire then bite the bullet and take the big test, loads of bikes out there for 125 money at the moment and there are plenty of members out there who are more than handy around their bikes.

If you find anything nearer Carterton give me a shout and I will happily come and check it over, test ride it and tell you whether it is worth buying.
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

Hello and welcome to the group
    Orange ones are faster, but red ones are more comfortable!

Hello and welcome
    2001 triumph speed triple 955i