Notices

Thread: What would you do?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I would have left it. I've been riding for all of 5 minutes and have the sense to take a squashed can in my panniers (specifically for parking in spots like that) so I wouldn't bother with the possible aggro from picking up someone elses bike when I think it was their own fault.

Its a Honda, why worry!

Quote Originally Posted by SupeRDel View Post
    Its a Honda, why worry!
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

Diamond Member
    I’m not judging anyone else and understand the reasons why others would deal with the situation differently from me, but I can honestly say that I would have taken the risk and lifted up the fallen bike and found a more secure footing for the side stand. And the same for the other upright bike. I believe that I cannot expect society to change and become more caring and less selfish, if I’m not prepared to stick my neck-out and take an active role in bringing about that change myself. Has got me into trouble in the past, I must admit.
    Last edited by redken1; 07-09-13 at 08:08 PM.

Diamond Member
    I’m not judging anyone else and understand the reasons why others would deal with the situation differently from me, but I can honestly say that I would have taken the risk and lifted up the fallen bike and found amore secure footing for the side stand. And the same for the other upright bike. I believe that I cannot expect society to change and become more caring and less selfish, if I’m not prepared to stick my neck-out and take an active role in bringing about that change myself. Has got me into trouble in the past, I must admit. Sorry mods posted twice and can't seem to delete one -
    Last edited by redken1; 07-09-13 at 08:10 PM.

Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
    I'd have picked it up but I don't think you did anything wrong. It wasn't your fault, it just happened that's all

+1

I too would of took the chance and picked it up, perhaps left a note on it. I would like to think that someone would do the same for me....

I would have picked it up and tried to move it somewhere safer.
    GPZ500S - oldie but still a goodie, just like me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless it was leaking fuel (being close to a kids play area) I would have left it as picking it up you may cause more damage e.g. slipping and dropping it again.
    Last year my bike dug in and fell over luckily on grass & no damage, but we did think what would have happened if it had been parked next to one or more bikes. A message came over the tannoy at the event so we legged it back to the bike.