Notices

Thread: What would you do?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. What would you do? 
    This has been playing on my mind all afternoon and was wondering what you would have done.

I took my kids to the park and on leaving I noticed two bikes in the new bike park section that has loose stones as a base.

One of the bikes (Triumph triple) had its side stand buried about an inch but looked stable. The other, a Honda (think old CBR) was on its side. From walking past you could see the side stand had sunk tipping the bike over.

What would you have done? I did nothing as I was worried the owners would see me and think I pushed it over, trying to steal it, etc. I feel bad for just leaving it but did not want to start getting into blame games, etc..
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

Banned
    I'd have picked it up but I don't think you did anything wrong. It wasn't your fault, it just happened that's all

I would have thought exactly the same things as you and therefore done the same. Stupid base for a bike park tho!!!!!

I wouldnt have touched them, just in case I was blamed for it!

It might have just fallen over again if you put it back could have stand problems i would left it or looked for owner if i had time if you picked it up you would have had to hold it till owner gets back if you found it had fallen on stand and bent it
    A good ride is any ride you can walk away from, a GREAT ride is if you can use the bike afterward.”

Had something similar at Weston bike meet few weeks ago - the bike my other half pulled up next to was sinking into the ground and was leaning towards his. He squished a coke can up and stuck it under the bikes stand after he picked it up. It's a tough call, not sure i'd have risked moving it for the same reasons as others have stated. *shrugs* (he only moved it because it would've landed on his bike if it went all the way over...)
    Last edited by Goldie; 02-09-13 at 11:27 PM.
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

I would have done the same Goldie if it was in the process of falling over. Glad most of you agree with me. It is **** that we are too scared to help each other because of other peoples actions in the past.
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

I carry a phone like most of us and you can take a photo of the bike down and then pick the thing up !!!!!! just to cover your arse.... If Id of picked it up and some bloke started barking id just push the bike back over. I would thank someone if they picked my bike up and a big hole in the ground would be a good indication that it has fallen.

Id have taken pic posted it on here and lmfao if i could have found him/her he could have had a few quotes like it not mine its my brothers / best mates would somthing like that make it turn to flames in a worst case senorieo
    A good ride is any ride you can walk away from, a GREAT ride is if you can use the bike afterward.”

Picking it up wont reverse the damage that's already done, so I would have just left it for the owner to pick up. If you pick it up you risk the same thing happening to it again and doing more damage, which I don't think the owner would appreciate :/