Notices

Thread: Setting up 34mm carb do i rejet black spark plug

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by db View Post
    Where was the clip to start with?, where did you raise it too?, when you say high revs...what is it?, what throttle position ?
    Second from top moved it to bottom it ran better but only got to seven rpm with two in second gear only done six k. than spluttored and at that point my brake pads and jets turned up my stepdad with socket set busy never looked at plug but turned down mixture screw and it idiles same as befor sun should be out to day to have a look.
    Last edited by Birdylegs; 29-08-13 at 12:08 PM.
    A good ride is any ride you can walk away from, a GREAT ride is if you can use the bike afterward.”

your bike used to run ok before didn't it ? perhaps its your reeds that are the problem or a air leek

Quote Originally Posted by Brizzer View Post
    your bike used to run ok before didn't it ? perhaps its your reeds that are the problem or a air leek
    Bike would stall and be jumpy at slow speeds so had to get bigger carb to make it predictable in traffic
    A good ride is any ride you can walk away from, a GREAT ride is if you can use the bike afterward.”

Needile on top clip 150 jet fitted still black plug ill have to keep reading links about clip on needle rasing and lowering fitting new manifold might have broke a reed as it never went past 8000 rpm when i drove it. Even when i worked in a work shop boss said he'd take car to someone alse to fix as of problems so booked it in tomorow see what they say.Thanks for help sorry its not much use to anyone alse but iv got a lot more expearence now working on my bike better will come later.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdylegs View Post
    Bike would stall and be jumpy at slow speeds so had to get bigger carb to make it predictable in traffic
    A bigger carb wont make the bike more predictable in traffic, bigger carbs are for more top end with the sacrifice of bottom end torque......

It would pull of but i had to pull in clutch and feed it if i over rev it stalled i road my lf 125 for a year without stalling but this bike could cut out when clutch was out and power on. Tighten clutch cable ran a leaner mixture that helped but uninspected stalls could have killed me on crossroads bike also droped speed 5th at 80 mph then in 6th droped down to 60mph never pulled up when in 6th at 60 very fast hoped new carb would stop me putting every one at risk behind me. I do drive slowly and safely but would also like to pass trucks not have lines of them build up behind me blasting past my 55mph on a419 on way to mums

feck sake don't ride the bike then, sounds like a death trap

i think you have more issues than just the carb,find someone with a compression tester to start with.....

Quote Originally Posted by db View Post
    i think you have more issues than just the carb,find someone with a compression tester to start with.....
    Piston rings are due for a change thats all iv been told to do for a top end rebuild would have got piston and cylinder but should do bottom end at same time to keep it even on servie will do com. Test thanks forgot about asking for one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brizzer View Post
    feck sake don't ride the bike then, sounds like a death trap
    Wizzed past a biker to have engine cut out on me in i switched to res. Fuel but slowed down a lot he was thinking same thing.