Quote Originally Posted by Uber Dave View Post
HIDs are now an instant MOT fail on vehicles without projector houses and they need auto washer jets on them too to clear much off them by law. Which is why NO bikes are fitted with them. Get caught by the police with them as well and you will get nailed!

Higher WATT bulbs, I would be careful, I have seen a number of the plastic lens's which have gone milky or full on melted as a result of the higher heat generated by higher power bulbs.

Bike lights are shocking generally from my experience, all the bikes I have riden in the dark have not been that great.

There are different makes however and taking the bulbs in my car, I changed them from OEM Bosch bulbs (60/55W) to Osram Night Breaker + (60/55w) and they are more powerfull. Another alternative were Philips Diamond White/Vision which were also highly recommended on forums but cost more. It may be worth researching other alternative 45/45 bulbs you could try.
I agree with Dave, if the manual specifies a certain rating, then that's what the electrics ( wiring , generator ) have been designed to run with !!!