Notices

Thread: Changing headlight bulbs for a higher wattage

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Buy yourself a nice pair of ex mod nightvision goggles !!!! great in the dark hten when your wrapped up all nice and toastie warm you can go off dogging............ pmsl

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooz View Post
    Buy yourself a nice pair of ex mod nightvision goggles !!!! great in the dark hten when your wrapped up all nice and toastie warm you can go off dogging............ pmsl
    :-) :-) :-)

My 55/60 bulb went the other day so replaced it with an 80/90, fantastic difference and can now see the road. I'm willing to risk it so long as I can see the mud and leaves all over our roads!

The bulbs on all my vehicles have been changed to Bosch.
    I can get them at trade price and the amount I saved was ridiculous, the improvement on the bikes was by far the best and they are the same rating as the ones I already have.
    As Rabb said check for plastic lense usage, mine are both glass so I could probably get away with something that kicks out more heat.
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

I uprated the bulbs in my old FZR600 from 35/35W to 60/55W bulbs several years ago with no ill effects - so far (I ignored al the warnings that my switchgear would melt! (It didn't)).

Quote Originally Posted by badbreed View Post
    Cheers folks, I've been looking for 45/45 bulbs and they seem to be like gold dust unless you buy from some Chinese company on eBay.
    Following the manufactures advice is the correct way to go, I agree.
    I'll keep hunting around and see if I can find any.

Jon - what year is your sv, think after 03 they changed up to 60/55.
    Mines a K2 (2002). Some of the early ones (X or Y's) had single beam headlights. These can be told apart by the different pattterns between the left and right lenses. These have a terrible reputation, so were quickly changed to the twin dip/main units.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

I changed them to 60/55 and adjusted the headlight angle. Wow. It's like a different bike now in the dark.
    Cheers for the advice peeps