Notices

Thread: Budget Bikes in Swindon

1. Budget Bikes in Swindon 
    I was wondering if any of you have had dealings with Budget Bikes, Manchester Road, Swindon.
    If so were they good, bad, indifferent??
    A friend of ours is looking at a bike in there and was wondering what they were like as a company.
    Any feedback would be gratefully received.
    Cheers

I've only had a test ride from there, and they offered a decent price on a px

Hi Annie, I have bought a couple of bikes from Budget Bikes in the past, with that said the firm may well of been in different hands as it was much further up Manchester Road, it then moved to the old George Whites building, closed, and then appeared in todays location.
    Probably the best advice is, what you see is what you get, and buyer beware, one bike I brought developed a fault as it came out of the show room doors with the engine running, I pointed it out and the answer was, "the bike is yours as it is", yes, I'd already paid for it, it didn't fill me with confidence, as it was the problem was quite easily rectified so no damage done.

Remember what your buying, don't listen to any old flannel from the staff, take a good look, better still take someone else to look with you they may see something you don't and insist on a test ride, if your happy, go for it.

If this is the place I visited a couple of years ago, I'd give it a miss. Bikes that are sold in a dirty state, covered in oil, mud, and rust, are most likely those that have been neglected, lack servicing, and are difficult to sell through normal channels. What you see is what you get. Caveat emptor, and all that. The bikes may well be cheap, but are unlikely to be good value, unless you are lucky.

Thanks for all the replies and advice.
    Our friend has now purchased another set of wheels and it wasn't from there.
    Bought from another mate of ours, so its all been kept in the family so to speak

I bought my bike from there (an old '98 Kawasaki ER-5). They treated me well and the bike has had no real issues (considering its age). It had a full service and MOT done before they let me have the bike.

I also had some difficulty with the ignition lock once, so I rang them up and they helped me fix the problem

Well I think it must every one to their own opinion. I've done some work for them through the shop and never had any issues.
    Just really wanted to know if the service received was good.
    Thanks again for all the replies and advice.

The fact is they operate a very low margin on what they sell so don't expect the 'full customer service' although they will tell you honestly about a bike anyone is thinking of buying......mate had a great FZR from there ... and I wouldn't have any issues getting a bike from there and ,in fact, I have seen some nice examples at very reasonable prices in there and others not quite so good but really cheap to clear.
    It is called 'Budget Bikes' which they are and they have been in business for several years now but if you are worried and feeling flush buy from a main dealer...... even brand new machines can, and do, develop faults even at the dealers cos 'it happens'
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

If you try them ask them to keep a bike on the side that your looking for or to do research on it. The best of them might get it wrong at times that no one remembers the good we do only the wrong.
    A good ride is any ride you can walk away from, a GREAT ride is if you can use the bike afterward.”

dealt with this company last January , bought bike off them ,bike need replacement light fitment unit ,company agreed in writing to supply and send me new one. I finally got the unit sent after 9 months .
    Might been oversight , but I am a happy customer now .

the bike I bought is working good
    Last edited by Jumpingmaster; 07-12-13 at 02:11 PM.