Notices

Thread: Removing rear foot pegs and hangers from a Street Triple

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Removing rear foot pegs and hangers from a Street Triple 
    Morning

It looks quite straight forward - I've seen a few threads on the Triumph forums about it.

So I am going to have a go on Sunday - any tips to help from those that have done it before on any bike. As there is bound to be one of those 'I wish I had known that before I started moments'

Cheers

Rach

Don't know about the street triple but typically it's undo the two bolts that hold the hangers to the subframe on each side, then the whole assembly comes off. 2 minute job. That's assuming the hangers don't hold the exhaust, but I'm sure that's not the case on any street triple, as I'm sure they have either underseat or underslung exhausts. Cheers
    Last edited by napalm; 16-08-13 at 09:34 AM.

If there is a load of crap around the joints might be worth giving it a quick spray of wd40 just to loosen things up, other than it should be a straight forward job as napalm says. Good luck.
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

Took the rear pegs off my blade, just had to replace the peg with a hanger for the exhaust, and remove the rear seat for a cowl, as it wont pass a mot, as you can't have a seat with no pegs.

I didn't know that! Good spot! !!

Thank you all for the great tips, really helpful. Unfortunately it has got a little delayed - so I am going to do it this weekend instead!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Wes View Post
    Took the rear pegs off my blade, just had to replace the peg with a hanger for the exhaust, and remove the rear seat for a cowl, as it wont pass a mot, as you can't have a seat with no pegs.
    Every day is a learning day, never knew that. Thankfully mine has had the cowl on the back for its MOTs.

every day a school day. I didn't know that and was going to leave the pegs off of the matchless.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

Fiddly, but 4 hobnobs and a cup of tea should see it done. From memory 4 M10 bolts? Mine miraculously came off my bike one evening when I was out (Thanks Mike)

They are heavy, something silly like a kilo each (I did write down what everything I took off/swapped on my bike and it's weight saving) . Worth taking off but will leave your cans more vulnerable if you drop the bike.

Loose the rear plate hanger for a tail tidy if you haven't already - weights well over a kilo! not only is it ugly it is also heavy. Reason enough

Great tip for the issue with the exhaust if you tend to drop your bike,

Go for some larger paddock stand bobbins, I saw somebody drop their street triple r at the H Cafe and their was no damage.

Might look stupid on the bike but much better than trying to get the dings out or buying a new exhaust system.
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/