Notices

Thread: Stopping smoking

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Banned
    Looks interesting. How much are you looking for?

My wife stopped part way through January (she has had the odd one but now hates the taste). E-Cigs are the way to go. She's now onto Blueberry and Granny Smith flavours as why smoke something that still tastes like a cigarette. Very proud of her after smoking for so long.
    If anyone's interested there is a shop in Church Street, Trowbridge that also lets you try the different flavours to see what you prefer.

Platinum Member
    Me too :-)

Banned
    I bought the VAMO V5

I managed to quit 4 and half years ago, 3 weeks on patches before I ditched them. Vaping would certainly have been an option for me back then, I have seen a quite a few heavy smokers just switch to vaping and stuck with it.

Just bought a Kangertech from church street shop... great taste, and they're only 8 quid.. with spare coils at 2 fifty a piece.. loving the vaping!
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

Banned
    I have a Kangertech Mega. Wait till you upgrade your battery, you will love it even more

Good little shop isn't it

Tis a great shop Swanny... friendly helpful guys in there too.. recommended.
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

Banned
    'Ban E-cigarette use indoors,' says WHO

The World Health Organization says there should be a ban on the use of e-cigarettes indoors and that sales to children should stop.
    In a report the health body says there must be no more claims that the devices can help smokers quit - until there is firm evidence to support this.
    WHO experts warn the products might pose a threat to adolescents and the foetuses of pregnant women.
    But campaigners say regulations must be proportionate.
    Tempting flavours According to the WHO legal steps need to be taken to end the use of e-cigarettes indoors - both in public spaces and in work places.
    And the report focuses on the potential for products to spark wider cigarette use in children.
    The health experts call for a ban on advertisements that could encourage children and non-smokers to use the devices.
    And they say fruit, candy or alcoholic-drink style flavours should be prohibited too, while the sales of electronic cigarettes from vending machines should be heavily restricted.

1. On some e-cigarettes, inhalation activates the battery-powered atomiser. Other types are manually switched on
    2. A heating coil inside the atomiser heats liquid nicotine contained in a cartridge
    3. Liquid nicotine becomes vapour and is inhaled. The 'smoke' produced is largely water vapour. Many e-cigarettes have an LED light as a cosmetic feature to simulate traditional cigarette glow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-28937610

I wonder why they are so set against them? I'm sure most of you know that WHO couldn't give a **** about your health

Of course it's nothing to do with big pharma seeing their BS overpriced stop smoking aids no longer selling much because a respectable organisation such as the WHO wouldn't be a corporate whore. If GSK or Astra Zeneca had invented and patented these I'm sure the WHO would have the same view.