Notices

Thread: One line number plates????

1. One line number plates???? 
    Hi, I would like to fit a 9 x 3 single line number plate to the rear of the bike and was wondering if members had had any problems with local authorities. Seems like some forces are less lenient than others, just wondering how other riders have faired. Thanks

Highly Illegal and obvious to spot.
    Got done twice on my old GSXR at £30 a pop. I think the fine is a lot more now.
    Because wilts is a low crime area you're more likely to get pulled for something as innoxious as an under sized plate.
    It's not so much the plate but the fact that they will then start snooping around the bike.
    'Tyres look a little worn, is that exhaust legal, is this insured and MOT'd'
    Not worth it in my eyes.
    I have a slightly smaller, square plate. Looks ok and doesn't draw attention.
    9x3 would be considered taking the p*ss and they might take exception. Also its a bit 90's.

Cheers WB, that's as I thought and probably not worth the aggro.

my eldest got pulled on his first outing on his Harley spotted on a roadside census, because he had a blue GB on the side of the plate. bike cop said he wouldnt have bothered but as they picked it up he had to warn him. new plate and a diversion to Melksham Nick, opposite side of the county for him. As WB says fit at your peril, expect to attract attention to yourself. hence , when advertising on the likes of ebag they are advertised as SHOW PLATES, inotherwords not legal.

I wouldnt want to draw more attention to myself and you would with a plate that small.
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

I have a small plate on both my bikes for years and only had any grief once, I've been stopped before and they haven't even mentioned it.

The once I got grief was in Wales in July with another club member when we got pulled at 107mph, the cop told us to keep it under 90mph and gave me a £60 fine for the plate but didn't report me to the DVLA! Remarkably generous of a traffic cop I thought, but was SO gratefu!
    www.hellsangelsnomads.co.uk
    Strength & Honour

The number plate is there so that anyone may report you for any misdemeanours. Frankly, if my kid got knocked down, I would be mightily p*ssed off if I couldn't get the number of the culprit. The more we see small/messed about with number plates, the more people think its acceptable. Just my opinion.
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

I have a small number plate... I don't mind dipping my toe the other side of the law we're forced to live by... been stopped a few times. learn legalise... It works

I don't consider anything illegal should be being lauded on a forum such as this.
    Ducati Diavel Dark

If it can't be read by APNR you can get in a whole world of hurt!!
    Good luck!

Stu
    Anyone fancy a pint?